Thread: Where are firefox files located on a mac?

Where are firefox files located on a mac?

I wish to have a complete start with the firefox on my macbook. I have removed all the packages and then downloaded them again but i noticed that an extensions and bookmarks were still there. I want to delete even this all files as well. Can anybody tell me that where all the files would be saved on my macbook?

Re: Where are firefox files located on a mac?

There are two places left or firefox parameters : in Documents and Settings / Application Data / Mozilla / Firefox and Documents and Settings / Local Settings / Application Data / Mozilla / Firefox. To remove firefox : you uninstall or you delete the program files then you delete the directories mentioned above in documents and settings. You clean the registry with ccleaner or other and then you raises your computer , and you reinstall Firefox, possibly by changing the directory name ( delete Mozilla, for example).

I have tried removing the firefox from my system but i guess it is still not happening as I have...
    • Removed Firefox application
    • Removed ~\library\application support, ~\library\mozilla, and spotlighted the system/library/home folders for "mozilla" and "firefox" and deleted them all.
    • Restarted the computer.
    • Downloaded firefox again, opened, bookmarks and extensions were still there.

I uninstall everything after viewing the hidden files and records system. Windows Search then I deleted all. I spent ccleaner (I do not know) and RegCleaner firefox normally settled. Then I delivered my favorites that I saved. I just tested the problem is even opening a page. I have the hourglass next to the arrow of the mouse for about 35 seconds. The problem lies elsewhere.

There are total 3 parts of Mozilla Firefox when you install it on your computer system. If you have installed the default firefox on your system then 1st part of it would be an application which you can find out in an Application Folder. 2nd folder would be in your user Library -> Application Support, This also contains bookmarks as well as extensions. 3rd part is plist file, which is org.mozilla.firefox.plist that would be kept in your user Library -> Preferences.

You go to your job you do tools> folder option > view> show hidden files and folders and apply then apply to all files. C: \ Documents and Settings \ YOUR NAME \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox After uninstalling Firefox, you delete the folder Firefox (There will also of Thunderbird folder Mozilla, be careful not to delete ). Firefox will then uninstall cleanly and you can download it again.