Thread: Migrate Thunderbird mail (Windows) to Thunderbird Mac OS X

Migrate Thunderbird mail (Windows) to Thunderbird Mac OS X

As it is mentioned in title that I need to transfer the previous Thunderbird mail folder that are given the windows XP version in another Thunderbird that is installed in Mac OS X, so that I am able to read the mail in my Mac OS X. I have done the research related to this thing but I am not able to find the solution for this problem. There should be a solution for this problem and I need to know that.

Re: Migrate Thunderbird mail (Windows) to Thunderbird Mac OS X

If you are a "Switcher" a new Mac purchases, would like to data on the new device to save it. This move takes in doubt, the Genius Bar in Apple before Store, but are selbige shops are scarce yet and some people want their data from perhaps the hand do not. We will show, we your Firefox profile and your Thunderbird e-mail from Windows to Mac porting it.

For data transfer an external hard drive, a big enough USB stick or a network connection is required. I have used an external hard drive because it is relatively fast and provides, in our case disk space. Watch it is the file system: flash drives and hard drives are usually supplied as a FAT32 drive, which is good for compatibility (Mac OS X without additional program can only read NTFS write, not), but that may be in the e - mails to the fatality. Thunderbird stores your e - mails per folder in a file, which can end at a maximum, file size of 4 GB FAT32 as a problem. It should therefore be ensured that no file is larger than 4 GB; otherwise, the network connection used or the storage medium is formatted with NTFS.

I totally agree with the abve reply but you should be certain extensions in Firefox and Thunderbird to problems , namely those who want to access the system . This includes, for example, the Java extension (not the plugin) or add- ons like FlashGot. As a rule of thumb is all that is purely in the application of a function, is potentially dangerous. Everything else should be uninstalled from the Windows machine , or at least disabled. In the following, the migration is explained in detail for the Firefox , Mozilla for other applications is similar , so we give it the Thunderbird to repeat ourselves.

I you want to transfer emails then first of all you need of course the Firefox on the Mac. We invite us to selfsame mozilla.com down, the disk image is automatically opened and we prefer the Firefox into the Applications folder. From there we can start it. We will then be asked if he bookmarks, etc. must import. He must not! The second question you will be having in your mind, which the Mozilla browser, is whether he should be the default browser on the Mac. The answer does not matter because the man is a creature of habit, however, the answer will be positive in many cases. Now we end the Firefox again ([CMD ] + [Q ]). Point of the exercise was to create an empty profile.

This will work for those who works with a USB mass storage, should this now be connected to his PC. What we need is the "Profiles "folder is from Firefox. This is elegant in Windows Vista and 7 in
    C: \ users \ {username} \ AppData \ Roaming \ Mozilla \ Profiles
    and in Windows XP
    c: \ Documents and Settings \ {username} \ Application Data \ Mozilla \ Firefox \ Profiles
    The easiest way we get there, by pressing [Win] + E (it will open an Explorer window) and paste the path into the address bar (do not forget {username} is replaced with the login name). What we find there is a folder that has a funny name. We called around xpk17xrn.default ". There should be only one of them. This we copy to the USB mass storage or in the network share.