Thread: After eliminating group, Pidgin removing Google chat contacts

After eliminating group, Pidgin removing Google chat contacts

i removed from groups contacts and also block this to my chat list. I wanted to integrate gtalk and some of my other chat clients, so I came around a program called pidgin. Now this pidgin program removes all the other Google chat contacts. I want to solve this problem by using special technique. Thanks in advance for any help.

Rajni Guest

Re: After eliminating group, Pidgin removing Google chat contacts

This Google chat is very, very upset, I like to keep my g-mail open in a disconnect tab and bound my google chat there, but was cut off iGoogle chat messages and make chaos to try to remain discussions organized. Contacts in Gmail chat automatically appear in the contact section. Gchat actually require this out of my iGoogle page.

You can also attempt this variation, found here in the support forums:
    • Open the contact who throw the invitation a.
    • Eliminate the email address, also by exclusion or drop.
    • Save the changes and close the contact.
    • Go to contact and paste or retype the email address.

That's not the way to chat is supposed to work. That's why we have the "no show" option. I had the same problem lately too. Most of the time when I "no show", the contact is gone. But from last week, I have a partner that will not disappear when you select this option. Google tells me that the user will not be displayed on the chat list, but still are.

We are researching this problem and attempt to determine the cause. At this moment there is a solution, but I'll update the thread when I know more, or need more information to determine the cause.

If you are upgrading from 1.x or less, Pidgin is incapable to decide what are the nearly all popular states, as these big versions do not save the information. As a result, the initial fulfilled of the menu will be somewhat random. Will this build on the early uses of the (different) states in the behavior described above.

At the bottom of their "in-box" page, you will see an option labeled "more contacts manager." Click that and you will see two columns, third column bigger. is a list of options in the first column. One of those options is "all contacts". Click that and you will be able to delete the entire list, if desired.

If you already use Pidgin, then the first time Empathy is started. If you faced this problem regarding this issue then you need to reinstall this pidgin on your system. This will be work to solve your problem.

I also noticed that when I see my contacts, and check the contact (without clicking on the name), I get a dropdown box that says "Show in chat list." If you select "Do not show", leaving the back contact and always returns to automatic mode. It does not seem to save preferences.