Thread: What is "search settings plugin"?

What is "search settings plugin"?

I have installed Windows XP Home SP3 on my computer system and the default browser on this machine is latest Mozilla Firefox. I was just about to remove all the plug ins from this browser as my browser was not so fast. I guess it will increase my browser's speed. Anyway, While cleaning up all plug ins, I cam across one named as "Search Settings Plugin". I do not know what is it, Can anybody tell me that for what purpose this plug in can be used.

Re: What is "search settings plugin"?

Firefox 2 supports the standard formatting data search OpenSearch . With this, we can create small search plugin very useful for its preferred browser. For a standard installation of Firefox, you will find the plugins already installed in the directory C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins . Normally this directory contains only files. Xml definitions that are plugins.

When a search plugin for Firefox has been found, the icon of the list of search engines takes a blue background. By clicking on this icon and you can see the list of search plugins. In the bottom of the menu, you can add different plugins Research. The order of search engines can be modified and can also delete it using the management interface of search plugins. The search plugin for Firefox 2 Tutmarks ready to use.

Find info on your favorite games directly from your browser without having to go on JeuxVideo.com! To do this, simply add a search engine "Jeuxvideo.com" beside the address bar of your browser.
    1. It is imperative to stay on this webpage.
    2. Click on the small arrow to the right of the lens.
    3. Select "Add Search Engine"> "Search Games".
    4. Click on "Add supplier".

Modern browsers such as Firefox will offer to add several search engines at the top right of the browser to directly launch a search on your favorite sites, in addition to Google and all the drivers installed by default. You can either click on the list of search engines at the top right corner of Firefox (Play3-Live will be offered) or you click the small icon Firefox half hidden in the right column of the site (refresh the page if you do not see it).

There is a Firefox search plugin for three versions: 8.3, 8.2 and 8.1. To install, simply go to the page of documentation for the release. Looking at the search box of Firefox, you should see the blue combo box. After clicking on the dropdown, you'll see an item shown below "Add PgFr Docs 8.3ยป. Click it and accept the installation. This done, the plugin is installed and ready for use.