Thread: Firefox fonts on snow leopard

Firefox fonts on snow leopard

I have installed Mac OS X 10.5 on my macbook and i am running Mozilla Firefox 3.5.2. I was using the verdana fonts of firefox but since i have installed Snow Leopard, I am not able to get the fonts for my Firefox as they have got changed into some other fonts. I am getting all those websites in the verdana fonts on Safari browser but it is not happening with the Firefox.

Re: Firefox fonts on snow leopard

After updating to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, many Firefox users have a problem with the font display - possibly erroneously bold or italic fonts are displayed. The fix is relatively simple: Run Mac OS X in Safe Mode by starting tone, hold down the Shift key after the. These include the font caches are cleared. If the computer booted up fully, then you do a normal restart. The fonts in Firefox should now be displayed again correctly.

It is clearly seems to be the problem with the browser, and there was plenty to move to Snow Leopard. Indeed Try to empty the cache of fonts. You can also open the Font Book and ask her to find and remove duplicates. If ever you use a font management software, is the current or turns on if it has not been updated for 10.6.

The file must be named. Fonts.conf and you must put it in your home folder (~ /. Fonts.conf). Is that what you did? If my house this solution worked well on several ordis. Police in firefox is like a record type "Best contrast" or "Best Record" menu "Fonts" appearance. The content of my. Fonts.conf is a bit different from what you describe though.

Here I have provided the solution which you may try to solve your problem regarding the fonts of the firefox.
    1 - We made a small backup conf files fonts:
    Code: sudo cp-r / etc / fonts / conf.d ~ /
    2 - It destroys files conf fonts whose names begin with "10":
    Code: sudo rm / etc/fonts/conf.d/10 *
    3 - If nothing has changed after the session restarted or rebooted, it restores files deleted:
    Code: sudo cp ~ / conf.d/10 * / etc / fonts / conf.d /