Thread: How to open/read JSON (Firefox bookmarks) files

How to open/read JSON (Firefox bookmarks) files

The difficulty to re-establish elderly bookmarks in the JSON format to Firefox is quite well-known at this time. As we are coming up for this irritating virus to be permanent it would be attractive to be acquainted with how one might unlock these files and understand their satisfied, thus being able to observe the web links. I have a JSON file of 165kb that I would similar to explore. Then Question is: anybody be familiar with how to do this? Thanks for helping replies.

Re: How to open/read JSON (Firefox bookmarks) files

I am also facing the similar issue here. But here I have some extra also actually here problem is that how to convert the file to HTML easily. And I do not want to do any type of the programming. I want to ask here is that is there any type of problem in doing this job. I have searched a lot regarding this but not able to find any of the solution related to this.

An trouble-free method to change the file if it is not crooked is: create a "portable Firefox" folder you can get this on the portable application. Regarding this you just search on the Google. So I think very soon you will get your solution. Otherwise run portable Firefox, in there does ctrl-shift-B to unlock the records, beneath bring in and support decide restore as of file, on or after the JSON file you contain. After that in the equal menu, do export to HTML.

There is a bookmark allowed at the finish of this thread that can show a number of in sequence from a dishonest JSON file: And you can check this on the mozillazine site. You have almost certainly previously attempted the in sequence here, but if somebody comes by they may can see this on the mozillazine site. In this you are able to do one thing additional in fact after doing the on top of solution after that you will fall in trouble. After that there is a good possibility that your JSON file is crooked.

I am going to tell you a very simple trick in that just drag the .json to unlock Firefox window and the run bookmark let (create new bookmark) you just enter this code in the location. Select all the code
    Code:
    javascript:(function(){var E=document.getElementsByTagName('PRE')[0],T=E.innerHTML,i=0,r1,r2;t=new Array();while(/("uri":"([^"]*)")/g.exec(T)){r1=RegExp.$1;r2=RegExp.$2;if(/^https?:/.exec(r2)){t[i++]='['+(i)+']:<a href='+r2+'>'+r2+'<\/a>';}}with(window.open().document){for(i=0;t[i];i++)write(t[i]+'<br>');close();}})();
    After this I am 100 percent sure that you will get your solution. Because I have also try this and now there is no any problem in my case.

Kindly on behalf of my dullness, have not been utilized by bookmark lets earlier than, but I think I have added it to the bookmarks toolbar now, making a innovative bookmark and pasting JavaScript code into location space. And after that, how would I haul the JSON file unto the Firefox window? Into the bookmark let or where I have to search? Should I observe result in the Firefox window or would I have to use other program? Hope you bear with my unskilled endless!

Accumulate .json to desktop, haul browser window lesser on or after inferior right edge till you are able to drag the .json into opened window. Double-click title bar to re-establish browser filled size. In the tab that undo by means of .json data, relate to the bookmark let. Another tab should open through links. You are able to save as .htm by right click "save page as" web page complete.