Thread: Error when starting Firefox (XULRunner)

Error when starting Firefox (XULRunner)

I am using Windows 7 operating system on my phone and my default browser is Mozilla Firefox. I have never seen any problem regarding my browser but yesterday when i tried to start Firefox then it gave me error message as follows.
    XULRunner-
    Error: Platform version '1.9.0.4' is not compatible with
    minVersion >= 1.9.0.5
    maxVersion <= 1.9.05
    Is there anybody who is familiar with this error, If yes then please help me to solve it.

Re: Error when starting Firefox (XULRunner)

The environment consists of XUL is Gecko, XULRunner and Firefox.
    • Firefox: web browser, runs applications whose interface is written in XUL language, but can go beyond, including publishing Prism web application that displays on the desktop.
    • Gecko is the HTML rendering engine, it partially supports HTML 5 .
    • XULRunner is the interpreter of XUL, it is integrated into Firefox to make its own interface, which is written in XUL, but also the interface of Web applications or local. If they work in both Firefox, local applications are exempt.

In fact, Firefox 3 is based on XULRunner. Firefox 3 will launch XULRunner application. Thus, to launch an application with XULRunner, we did it (in a console, in a shortcut on the desktop...)
    • xulrunner.exe application.ini

Now with Firefox 3, we can do that:
    • firefox.exe-app application.ini

To this we add Prism , which is an application, also based on XULRunner, to launch a web application just like a desktop application.

I say it will be possible to run xulrunner apps with Firefox 3. So if there are developers who want to use this option, they may do so even if it is not put forward by Mozilla. And each version of Firefox being "stable," In particular with the level of the API, no compatibility issue (and anyway, in a xulrunner application, you can specify the versions of Gecko-compatible application).

Firefox should use one profile at a time. To be sure, it puts what is called a lock file in your profile folder every time it starts up. When you exit Firefox, the file is deleted. If the lock file is already present when Firefox starts, the error message "Firefox is already running but not responding. To open a new window, you must first stop the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. " is displayed, then Firefox stops.

1. Go to the Main directory and i am having USB dir in my mobile firefox.
    2. Search out the "application.ini" and take backup of it.
    3. You use notepad in order to open this file.
    4. Find the MinVersion attribute.
    5. Change the last attribute as 5 as it would be MinVersion=1.9.0.6 which you have to change to MinVersion=1.9.0.5.
    6. Save the new settings.

XULRunner is a dependency of Firefox. The Firefox version is compiled as with XULRunner XULRunner version 1.9.0.7 but when the system is already in version 1.9.0.8 before (probably by a later update), which can not be run Firefox. XULRunner is a runtime environment for applications based on the "XML User Interface Language abbreviated" (: XUL) is based. Even Mozilla Thunderbird and Songbird use the XULRunner runtime.