Thread: Firefox crashes when trying to print

Firefox crashes when trying to print

Firefox version 3.9, I think the latest one that I am using. It is quite stable for me, and I think that finally Mozilla has come with proper improvements in this. It is quite stable when I am navigating from one site to another site. The only problem that I am facing with this is when it goes for printing. When it goes for this it gets crashed every time. It is not like that it happens for a particular site, it happens for all the sites. Has anyone ever experienced this before. Help.

Re: Firefox crashes when trying to print

OK, I just had a look on the post of yours. I have found that you have posted the problem well, but you just forgot to mention about the Printer that you are using and the Operating system that is present on the system. I think that if you can post about that we will help you out soon. Also, before going further see for the printspooler service. Just asking this does the Print Preview woks fine? Please let me know all these soon.

I should have posted this in the first post itself. Well starting the printer, so the Printer is LexmarkT522 printer, next the operating system, then it is PCLINUXOS 2007. I think that this would be enough. For the printspooler, well I had disabled it but when I went for the printing I had enabled it. I do not think that this is going to cause much in this matter. I am able to print the documents, but when it come with the Firefox, the browser fails. Print preview is also working fine. Now I am waiting for the answer to pop up.

You just need to reset the printer. As a solution I think that this is the very basic step that you should follow to diagnose your problem. In your Firefox preference, reset the selected printer. In the location bar you need to type about:config, and then press Enter. After this a list of preferences will come in front of you. IN that you will need to find the preference print.print_printer. Once you find this just right-click on that preference and select Reset. After this re-start the browser and try for printing. Hope that this did the business.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Also with the similar problem. The only change in my case is that I have Windows XP Service 3 as the Operating System. I was however not able to print the webpages via Firefox browser. Then I tried using the FinePrint 6.05, and updated it and then I tried the printing. I had read that FinePrint can give almost complete control over anything that is to be printed. However using this I can only print the first page, and when it goes for the second page an unknown error arises. I am having problem with the Firefox, while when I go with this in the IE 8, every thing works fine.