Thread: Starting Firefox in Fullscreen with command line option?

Starting Firefox in Fullscreen with command line option?

I just need to start the Mozilla Firefox in the full screen mode. I actually need this for my students. I need this so that the students can view training videos in the browser. Is there anything in this respect? Command line argument, I think will do the trick for me. If it is not possible with command line then is there any other way. Please help me with your suggestions in this respect.

Re: Starting Firefox in Fullscreen with command line option?

This is just a trial, first follow these steps and when you are over with this just let me know, and then I will tell how to go further:
    • First of all completely close the Firefox.
    • Now in the RUN window type firefox -P, and then click OK.
    • After this a Firefox - Choose User Profile will come up, there click on Create Profile button.
    • Then click Next.
    • After this fill in the details for the the required fields.
    • Now, Firefox - Choose User Profile, will rise whenever Firefox will be started.

Do this and post after you are done with this.

I have already tried this thing, and I have seen this before on the other forums too. I have seen this too, but I can not find anything related to the full screen. Can you please tell me if I am missing on something when I am saying this. Please do not take it otherwise, I actually need this, and that too urgently. really I can not find anything that referred to "full screen". Please help.

Well I had given the steps, and when you are saying that you have already tried, then I think that I should tell you what you need to do further to get the full screen mode. It is not using command line, and I am sorry for that, but when you will right click on the icon then after this it will ask you to select the properties, and when it runs, you need to change it to maximized mode instead of normal window. I think that this will help you in achieving the full screen mode.

NO, I do not think that there is any way by which you can go to the full screen mode using the command line option. I would suggest you rather an easy way. After all you need full screen mode and it should not matter how you get to it. First of all download this add-on Fullscreen. After this is installed on your system you just need to go to the Tools then Add-ons and then Extensions. Then select Fullscreen and press the Options button. Once done with this you can check the "Fullscreen at startup" after that press OK.