Thread: Cannot open pdf files in Firefox

Cannot open pdf files in Firefox

Currently I am using Firefox 3.4 and Adobe Reader 8.0 through Windows XP Pro. When I attempt to open whichever pdf file as of some web site I find the following message:
    "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is successively is not able to be utilized to see PDF files in a Web Browser. Kindly, exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and way out your Web Browser and attempt again".
    Adobe Reader releases and provides me so as to message and the file by no means opens. Obviously, finishing everything does not assist. I have been looking inside this forum to see if anybody else had the similar difficulty but the answers that I read do not seem to be valid in my case. Because I reinstalled the operating system in March, I installed Adobe Reader once; I did not have an earlier version installed.

Re: Cannot open pdf files in Firefox

I think it is because of the old plug in. I think you are still using that in the plugging folder in the Firefox program folder. You can check from mozillazine site. You can also check this plugging In the url bar of the mozillazine site and push Enter. If you have set the pref (plugin.expose_full_path) then you will able to see the complete path of the plugins.

I did whatever you recommended but I do not be familiar with where to go off since here. Below "about:plugins" there is simply a part called
    "Mozilla Default Plug-ins" (I do not observe no matter which specially for Firefox), through a file called npnul32.dll, which below "Identifying_installed_plugins_(KB)" says Firefox is not want it. Here is what I did, subsequent commands under "about:config" but it did not work:
    1. I entirely exited Firefox.
    2. I opened the Firefox "plugins" folder, typically C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins.
    3. I uninvolved all the files in the plugins folder to a backup location.
    4. Then I have restarted Firefox.
    pdf files still won't open.

Do you have additional proposal? What should I do one time I am looking at the about:plugins list? (I previously set the preference of plugin.expose_full_path to TRUE). Sorry, but I need "basic help" here, please.

Some weeks back I was also facing the same issue. But from one of the forum site I get the solution of this. So I think you just also go like that I think it will help you. You just have to find out in this the correct "nppdf32.dll" file and now place this in the plugins folder. And actually this message is typical if you have conflicting versions of Adobe Reader. So you just try this I think it will help you.

My unique installation ongoing through Acrobat 8.0 Pro and no reader. the whole thing work very well in Firefox through Adobe more than a few upgrades but since upgrading to v8.1.1 I am able to no longer open pdf's in FF. Adobe's upgrade to Acrobat 8.1.1 Pro installed a duplicate of Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 which seems that it is my crisis. I then use Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the Reader but regrettably it uninstalled the connection stuck between Firefox and Acrobat so now if I attempt to unlock a pdf I get a plug in required message. I do not wish for the plug-in but would quite use my complete featured Acrobat so at the present I am seems intended for how to reinstall the link. There does not come into view to be any understandable way to do so FF,Tools,Content,File Type. Anybody have a suggestion?

I was also facing this then regarding this I have searched a lot on the forum site then I got the solution of this. Actually Firefox needs Firefox needs a plugin similar to nppdf32.dll as talked about above. You can look for computer for that file and place it in the plugins folder. And just click the link which is given here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

I detached nppdf32.dll on or after the plugins directory. Then Acrobat 8.1.1. expert I utilize only Edit, Preferences, Internet to turn off "Display PDF in Browser” The Acrobat installer seemed to scamper forever and then per its instructions I have started it again. Then turned "Display PDF in Browser" reverse on and once more rebooted. At the present when I effort to unlock a pdf in Firefox, I obtain the "Open With" dialog and it properly points to the Acrobat executable but it does NOT undo the pdf in the Firefox window. Nppdf32.dll is reverse in the plugging directory; it appeared that installed by the Acrobat installer still hoping for a solution short of reinstalling both.