Thread: Firefox is unable to connect, but having fine internet connection

Firefox is unable to connect, but having fine internet connection

I use the internet on my laptop.I use Firefox as my browser.Till yesterday i as able to connect to the internet.But today in the morning when i opened my Firefox it wasn't getting connected.My internet connection is fine and there is no issues with the internet connection,then why i am unable to connect my browser?what is the problem ,please help me out.

Re: Firefox is unable to connect, but having fine internet connection

I am to having the same issue .I am having Windows XP operating system installed in my computer .I am unaware that what to do with this.I have even updated my Firefox .I have reinstalled my Firefox multiple times,but still unable to solve this issue out.Anyone knowing this solution please give your reply.

I think that there might be problem with you firewall.Your firewall might not be allowing the Firefox to access the internet.There are some firewall which do not allow this thing to happen.You need to check you fire wall setting,if your settings is proper then you will need to remove your firewall permanently.Hope this will help you in solving your problem.

You need to go to the Firefox ------->>Tools-------->>options.In the option see whether it is set to automatically detect settings or not.If yes ,then try entering them manually .If still it doesn't work then check your firewall configuration.You also need to do one thing that disabling windows firewall.If still you are not able to solve this out then give me the reply.

I was able to solve my problem .I followed the instructions given by Jimmy24.Actually my firewall was having the problem .It was not allowing my Firefox to access the internet .When i uninstalled my firewall i was able to connect my internet .Now it is not giving any error message. I thanks to Jimmy24 for giving me such a solution. It really helped me out.