Thread: Norton 360 - Removing files from Online Backup

Norton 360 - Removing files from Online Backup

I am endeavoring to back up 4GB of information in sequence from my system to Norton's online storage space. So remote it has been 24hrs and it has merely relocate 57% of the files. Is this standard. I utilize Verizon DSL for internet and speculate if that might be making things slow. I have Norton 360 and I backup regarding 4gb to on-line storage space. Why do I speedily run out of capability when I have 50 gb of on-line storage capability. It does not give the impression of being similar to I am saving every description of a changed file as merely the last version is viewable in my file list.

Re: Norton 360 - Removing files from Online Backup

Symantec utilities are well recognized sanctuary software. On the other hand one of them, Norton 360, is not basically sanctuary software. It is in addition a backup utility by means of capability to store your backup data using protected online storage. You be able to easily backup your pictures, documents, contacts, music, videos, emails, internet favorites and additional files or folders. You encompass 2 GB space for your online backup, not too much. On the other hand you be able to backup to an additional disc or burn your data backup onto a CD/DVD too.

So at first you necessitate to run Norton 360 submission. The easiest method is to hit it off on its link on your Windows Desktop. Subsequent to the Norton 360 starts, hit it off the Backup and Restore button in the submission window. If you encompass not backup using Norton 360 yet, the submission tells you that you necessitate setting up your backup procedure. Take a give the impression of being at the bottom of the window and hit it off the Back Up link.

You be supposed to observe a Backup Setting window at present. There are three steps you be supposed to do. Select what you would similar to back up. Make sure the size of preferred items. Then hit it off on the blue button called revolutionize for backup position settings and in a dialog choose Secure Online Storage. If this is your first utilize of Norton 360 and Secure Online Storage, you determine to be prompted for your e-mail and password for a Symantec account. Subsequent to that you might utilize a Change button for setting up a backup schedule.

I anticipate your computer and system determine to run well for an extended time. On the other hand impressive wrong might occur anytime. So if you necessitate to restore you backup, run the Norton 360 window, hit it off Backup and Restore button the entire in excess of again and then hit it off Restore link. The rest is comparable to backup procedure. Select items you would similar to restore, hit it off the Restore at present button and hang approximately until it’s completed. Norton 360 is interesting backup/security software. By means of Secure Online Storage it has a bonus value to its customary functions. Online backup is extremely contented procedure and if you select merely extremely significant items, the 2 GB size be supposed to be sufficient for your requirements.

I reserved my contribution "live" as Norton assured me I would be capable to restore my files to my innovative PC. In conclusion got a PC, went to restore and the files that downloaded were a number of folders under 'documents and settings' containing .txt, .bmp, .img, etc. Additional than no monetary or additional files. I contacted Norton, they reviewed the procedure and regenerated the restore. The files took 4 hours to upload last year and 40 minutes to download this year. They did this on two disconnect occasions for the reason that the files were not right. In conclusion, the recent past the Norton analyst walked from side to side.