Thread: How do I turn off internal mic?

How do I turn off internal mic?

This is making me surprised and irritating. When I was working on my laptop/computer I set my c-141XL off to the side, put in some earphones and use it as a music player. You can visualize my surprise when I was hearing my neighbor’s conversation coming through my headphones while I was listening to music. The entire cause why I put on earphones is so I can able to focus on my work and melody out my loud office. My headphones are Shure sound isolating headphones. I put in the similar headphones into my FM radio and I cannot hear my neighbors, even with the volume turned all the way downward. So I came to know that it is the computer problem that is pumping sound from the internal mic to my headphones. And one more proof every time I stroke or tap on the tablet I can hear it in my headphones. How to keep this problem out? This is really irritating me. I cannot find any solution of this problem anywhere for turning off the mic. I have latest sound driver on my machine. Is anybody familiar with this problem?

Re: How do I turn off internal mic?

Which operating system you are using on your system Vista or XP because every OS has different different setting to change mic settings. So if you are using windows vista then right click to the Volume icon and select playback device highlight speakers and now select properties now go to levels and make mute the microphone but in playback not in recording. And if you are using windows XP then you can double click on the volume icon and it will show you the playback device and settings and again here you make mute the microphone. it microphone does not show up by default, you may require to go into properties or advanced for the volume control & then select/check the mic for the playback device and then make it mute .

First I want to give you thanks for providing me feedback! Yes I am using windows vista on my pc and believe me I tried all the setting and try to make it mute by going to the recording menu. I done everything you said but still I am hearing. You just try it yourself and put you headphone in your machine and tap on the mic on your screen, have you hear anything? Now try to turn it off? I got tire by all this

Ohhh I read your conversation and I am also running windows Vista on my machine. I tried all what u said to do on Vista and it seems so nutty to me. So while I had my shure sound isolation headphone on for the purpose of making tuning my all office workers chatting the phone just near to me and belive me my computer very softly pump that sound in to my headphones. What a special and magnificent feature vista have. I do not know it is problem or an amazing feature of my OS vista.

Yes I have also seen that feature also in my PC and with windows vista but now I am not using that boring OS . Now I have turn to windows 7 and its very good. That time I made some setting in my sound device manager and made it off. Now I did not remember about how to on screen shots or I will have given you one. There was no mic level in speaker properties under “levels”. But these were some other settings like "PC Speaker" and an "Input Monitor". And I made mute the input Monitor and mic became off finally.

I am also having a same issue with my new Gateway tablet laptop. My laptop is running with windows vista, but now I have installed windows XP at dual-boot with Linux. I am attempting to stop the mic, not just mute it. The difficulty is, it utilize the same driver as my audio so making disable it will also disables my audio completely (the driver is IDT audio).So device manager is out, and the similar can be said about my thoughts (I am out of them).Also, the buttons on the screen look to be not working .I will like to guess there is a method to shut do windows the mic from there, but I cannot say since I cannot access the menus.

I am not using XP or vista on a desktop computer. I bought a new laptop of dell running with windows 7 and it gives me full satisfaction in all the works. If you want to turn off all your mic sound and then you go the Volume control and then in advance control there will you find the mute settings of ur mic. Options > properties may lead to some substance as well, as to disabling the internal mic. Hope this leads to something and will not create any problem.

ive tried everything i have windows 7 and ive disabled the mic but i can still hear it on my headphones someone plz help. im trying to watch a movie but i hear all the noises going on around me

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan64632 View Post
    ive tried everything i have windows 7 and ive disabled the mic but i can still hear it on my headphones someone plz help. im trying to watch a movie but i hear all the noises going on around me
    Have you tried opening the Control Panel and Sounds and Audio devices, click the Audio tab and then Sound Recording, and Volume and from their can you slide the Mic volume down from there? You might also require to uninstall any old drivers for the audio card and reinstall the latest one. Hopefully that would solve this issue.