Thread: How do I transfer the domain to a new host

How do I transfer the domain to a new host

Hi,

I have a website hosted in India but now I want to transfer it to a new U.S based hosting provider. I want to know what thing are required to do for transferring the host. I want to know the procedure involved in transfer and the precautions to be taken. So can you please tell how do I transfer the domain to a new host ??

Re: How do I transfer the domain to a new host

Use your favorite FTP manager (I use SmartFTP.com), to load the site to your computer. Maybe the hard disk are not all the files, because you can add any scripts made on the Internet. If you use an editor Dreamweaver, use the command GET, to copy all the files. If you use the editor of FrontPage, use the import (imported) to make a complete copy of the old website.

Contact the company that you have registered your domain name and change the DNS (domain name server) or name server information on the DNS information of your new web host. For a while, your site is inaccessible to users until the process of change, and DNS information new DNS servers through global WHOIS. Usually this process takes between 24 to 72 hours. Yet completed the transfer of the site, save all the existing services of the old domain name, such as forwarding e-mail address of the current site and its web hosting to web site could function. To see how the process of transferring the domain name, you can take advantage of search of the Domain Name at whois.net, you can see a detailed report when your domain name will already be postponed.

The first thing do is, go to the admin panel and create a new host there is our domain. Only after this change the DNS control panel with your domain registrar to the ones that gave hoster. Otherwise will not pass the test the new DNS, because in fact the domain is not available at the new hosting, it is there simply is not created. So, did. Now wait about 6 hours until the database is updated whois. Once a domain is delegated to the new IP, so now the domain is tied to the new hosting.

By entering our address into your browser, you will surely get to the old hosting. Why? Because IP changed. Changed, but not from your ISP. It is to reduce the load itself caches the IP addresses of sites you visit frequently. A website we visit regularly. And now the cache is updated much less frequently - from days to 3 days. Therefore, do not delete immediately from the old domain hosting! Let all the files there are days 5. For some visitors, as well as you can come to the old IP-addresses. So have to wait until the cache refresh your provider to look at your updated site.

When you make sure that the domain name has already been postponed, download all files on the website server is a new web host. Editor Dreamweaver - first, define a site, then use the PUT, to transfer all the files and web pages. Thus site does not undergo any changes when transferring files. Editor FrontPage - create a new site of the transferred files from your old web hosting, then upload it to a new server hosting company. Make sure that the new web-hosting service allows you to use file extensions Front Page. Thus, you move your entire website to a new web hosting.

Dreamweaver or FrontPage editors make a very simple transfer of web pages. When you transfer site is subject to virtually no change (read above). Another way to transfer web pages is to copy the source code, when you press the right mouse button on the page and choose "View HTML code". Then the text is transferred into a text editor Notepad. Then select "save as" and save the file as HTML in the right place. Before you save the file in HTML, the bottom line will be increased ". Txt". From the drop-down menu will need to choose "all files" and change the extension on the saved file. Html, and then to save the file. Then you get a complete website and you can download it where necessary. However, if the page contains images, you have to save them separately.

Sometimes, the appearance of the website may differ from that which was on the previous web-hosting, because not all files could be transferred. This can happen when using the editors. Usually this happens when you work with Front Page, because it uses its own expansion in the deployment site (additional files for easy deployment). Make the necessary changes in design to reproduce the site, as it was at the same web hosting. You may need to remove or modify the source code to completely recreate the first site.

Quote Originally Posted by savio View Post
    Hi,

I have a website hosted in India but now I want to transfer it to a new U.S based hosting provider. I want to know what thing are required to do for transferring the host. I want to know the procedure involved in transfer and the precautions to be taken. So can you please tell how do I transfer the domain to a new host ??
    you can transfer your domain name here at thewebpole and you can transfer your domain , my friend suggest me to go here and it is working very good and its cost is reliable.