Thread: Norton Safe Web cannot show site ratings at google search engine when using FF 3.09

Norton Safe Web cannot show site ratings at google search engine when using FF 3.09

I thought that Norton Web Safe will be really a safe option to use. Now, however I do not know why it cannot show site ratings at Google search engine when using Firefox. Well I actually use Firefox version 3.09, and when I go with this thing to Google, the site ratings can not be viewed. However when I go with this on Yahoo or Ask, the site ratings can be seen. Also when I go to Google with the Internet Explorer, then this time Norton Web Safe shows site ratings. Has anyone ever experienced this. Please suggest.

Re: Norton Safe Web cannot show site ratings at google search engine when using FF 3.09

I have for the first time appeared here to give a solution on this forum. From you post I think that you are facing problem when you are going to the home page of the Google and searching for the keywords. I am bit confident that there is no problem with the Firefox that you are using, as on the other site the site rating can be seen well. I think that the servers of the Norton Safe Web are down and hence the problem is arising. Will try to find some more solution.

Re: Norton Safe Web cannot show site ratings at google search engine when using FF 3.09

Tamohar, well it was a good try from your side but this could not be the reason for the problem that is being discussed here. As you can see that the icons of the Norton Safe Web are active in the Internet Explorer and are inactive on the Firefox, so the servers can not be down. Well I have come up here with something that can do business here. I have seen that the NSW icons can be blocked by the Google Icon extension. However for yourself, you can still have the Favicons in Google searches by using the Customize Google extension.

My opinion is going to differ a little from all the above. I have read a lot about the Firefox browsers. The only stable version that I have heard about the Firefox are FF3.05. It is even the most stable one that I have experienced. I have read that for Firefox 3.09, Mozilla has dropped a small but important update. I think that this may also be the possible reason for the failure. Please try the older version of Firefox and see if this time the ratings of the site appear.

One of my friend has its site. The problem with that site is that when on the Google the site turns up, the site instead of having the green icon next to it, it has the gray one. He does not want people to be afraid to click on the blog. So, he decided to register the site with the Norton Safe Web. Now they have instructed to add a publicly viewable file at the root folder of your Website. Now the problem is that he can not find the root folder, can anyone suggest him something.