Thread: 3 connect dongle and multiplayer games

3 connect dongle and multiplayer games

Hey everyone,

I have a Macbook Pro, and my internet connection is a 3 Connect dongle. I have recently purchased the Generals Deluxe edition.

However, I have been unable to play it online after several attempts.

I can get on GameRanger and talk to people in the chatroom, and set up the game and everything (whether I'm hosting or not) as my ping and CPU are very strong, however, during the loading screen, no one else loads except me, every time, and then the game starts, and freezes (on my screen). I have to turn the computer off and on again afterwards.

I force quit all other apps except 3 Connect, Finder and GameRanger, and it still didn't work. I'm guessing this is because for some reason I have trouble connecting to other players because of the dongle or because of some unknown of firewall that operates on a mac outside of my limited knowledge.

Any helpful advice in regards to getting dongle connections working, or at least, any explanation as to why it doesn't work would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Re: 3 connect dongle and multiplayer games

This looks like some security issue in your system. Basically first connect your modem and check that you are able to surf internet or not. If yes then you might need to check the firewall in Mac. You have to check the settings and add the game under exception. When you try to connect online with the game the game application runs. That looks like to be blocked. That you can use under the service which shows the current applications running.