Thread: Can't open one specific website

Can't open one specific website

One of my friend has a website of his own. The problem is not with its site the problem is with the opening of the site. It is not opening on my laptop. I do not the reason for this. I am completely blank about this. Please suggest the solution regarding this. Whenever I try opening the site I get an error message. However, my friend has checked his site and he has not encountered any problem with it. Please suggest. I am posting the website address in the secret section as I so not want it to be advertised.

Re: Can't open one specific website

Thanks for the post but if you had posted the link directly it would have not caused much problem. Well it has open for me on my laptop. I think the security settings in your browsers are very high. Try to lower the security settings in your browsers that you are using to open it. Also it may be because of the firewall. Will you please tell me, which firewall are you using by the way? Let me know it in the next post.

Well I wonder how you managed to open the site Trio. I was not able to open it first. I think the main cause of this is an ISP issue. However I was able to open this by changing my DNS settings to OpenDNS. By the way can you please tell me the ISP of your's. Also the other reason like the security settings of the browser and the firewall may also, be the probable reason for this failure.

With all the respect to the previous posts, all the security setting of the browser are at a medium level. I have no problem in opening other sites, but the only problem that I am facing is with this site. I cannot open this site only. This probably could be the first one that I cannot open. Regarding the firewall, so it is the generic Windows one, as far as I know. Can it be because of the Anti-virus that I am using, I am right now using AVG Free Anti-virus. Please help.

Hi,

I am new to this... I am trying to open my website in firefox or IE but its not opening. Yesterday the webmaster was changing the ip address and the site was not working so I flushed the dns by going to run and typing-ipconfig /flushdns. After that the website is working every where but not in my computer. I have reinstalled the browser , I have deleted the catched files and all the cookies then too its not working.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by shrutisengupta View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this... I am trying to open my website in firefox or IE but its not opening. Yesterday the webmaster was changing the ip address and the site was not working so I flushed the dns by going to run and typing-ipconfig /flushdns. After that the website is working every where but not in my computer. I have reinstalled the browser , I have deleted the catched files and all the cookies then too its not working.

Please help!
    Are you using any firewall or third party antivirus that might be not letting you to browse any websites, if so then try to disable it and check the results. I have heard about the AVG's "Safe Search" add-on which usually blocks internet surfing quite often and therefore to get rid of the problem try to disable it, or uninstall the AVG antivirus completely for a permanent fix.