Thread: Anti aliasing enabled in Internet Explorer

Anti aliasing enabled in Internet Explorer

Currently I am using Anti aliasing 11.11. If I configure AA to 16X broad tent, scrolling pages within IE9 causes them to blur, and augment blurring with further scrolling. It as well can cause entire areas of web pages to turn black. If I configure AA to application controlled it doesn't come about.

Re: Anti aliasing enabled in Internet Explorer

I think that these settings simply apply to 3D rendering. They have no consequence at whichever additional time.

The truth that it is getting an effect in non 3D surroundings is a indication that something is incorrect.

As it appears on the Windows interface, certain programs are not to blame. And since they disappear when activated by anti-aliasing, no thermal problem is likely behind it (because it would increase the error earlier). Maybe a memory module is malfunctioning? Possibly. in activated As other addresses will be used? Are the Radeon tools here to test the hardware at fault?

The idea is brilliant, the "symptoms" are the ones, but where is the option in IE to remove the effect? Because it occurs only here ... while in the rest of the programs do not. However it was also my first idea, that the installation had ClearType enabled, but is still checking off

For smaller sizes at the source, it is best to use a good font designed especially for the screen, to have mercy on the grid of pixels on the monitor and not in conflict with it. For texts in HTML, do not have much choice in this matter. And only differs from a sailor to another depending on your computer. Where we have a little more freedom is to choose fonts to incorporate buttons or graphics. Type in 14 pixels on, usually they can apply an anti-alias satisfactorily. About 12 pixels and depends on the weight and design of the source itself. Less than that too complicated and it is best to choose a font for display without antialiasing.

After some research on the problem, here's what I learned: the core issue is that IE is based on DirectWrite for text rendering and not any of the newer rendition elections based, draw the text without anti-aliasing and respect the OS-wide default options of user would.

The aggravation, if you disable ClearType in the OS, in some cases, IE falling back to non-performance is not direct writes - ClearType anti-aliasing, which is even flakier than ClearType.

That really shows the problem with which I had expected. Everyone thinks that the old view of "right" and that now there is a problem. But it's actually the other way, before the text was distorted and not now.

ClearType is optimized for good readability in low resolution ... example, it would make sense on a smartphone. DirectWrite places more value on the form display correctly ... which at low resolution but at the expense of readability.

Why work of IE9 so?

They themselves would probably answer the question thus: "Because Direct2D does not support ClearType" ... what is absolutely true, but basically it just pushed because Direct2D was developed largely by the requirements of the IE9 team.

ClearType is fundamentally incompatible with Scaling: changing the font size in ClearType brings significantly more changes than just that all dimensions are multiplied by the factor. Since all positions are rounded to the nearest integer, can be a text at once 1.4x as long, although I've changed the font size by only 5%. Liquid transitions and animations are so impossible.

When the Anti-aliasing is roughly equivalent to all the background colors, just use one color clipping in shades of gray. Most often, it works. This is the technique we used for our pack of Anti-aliasing that is suitable for all funds in color.