Thread: Problem with Modem driver in my laptop

Problem with Modem driver in my laptop

I have recently bought the laptop of dell that is dell Inspiron 14R. When I turned it actually I wanted to go on line but I received a massage it had no modem installed but when I looked into it there was a wincomm 2 but the problem is that i don't have the driver to install. I want help to download the driver and install it to my computer.please help in regarding this.

Re: Problem with Modem driver in my laptop

As you have the modem but it is not working. you can download the driver from the internet as it is easily available on the net. You will get the zipped file after downloading it extract the file and install it properly. I will suggest you to install the driver with the audio driver. So what I would suggest is to uninstall the Audio driver and then install UAA.

I will suggest you check the modem is installed properly or not .This problem may be due to the improper installation as you have the modem and it shows that modem is not installed. I am explaining the way of checking the modem is installed or not:
    • Go to control panel.
    • Then modem and check if there is any modem is listed.
    • Now click on the diagnostics tab.
    • Than highlight the comport where the modem is set and then click on more info.
    • Now response the commands and response them as they are listed.

Before download the driver check that the modem is installed or not . Just try to reinstall the driver. If it is still not working than try to update the driver. Even after doing this your problem is unsolved than remove the hardware or software which you have installed recently. After this you may get the desired solution.

You can download the driver from the internet as there are many sites which provide free driver download. But before that you should try this this may solve your problem:
    • Do a right click on the Dial up connection and select properties and select this to never
    • Also check the device manager and select the MODEM properties and after following the instruction click the Ok.

If this is not your solution then install the driver which you have downloaded.

As you have modem in the laptop but then also it is not working. I will suggest you to check the driver is installed properly or not if not than install it properly. As you have described this that you don't have the driver for your modem than you can use the following link which I am providing for modem it may help you to sort out the problem. Use this for Modem: http://support.dell.com/support/down...id=-1&impid=-1.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain