Thread: Ati Catalyst Context Menu Removal

Ati Catalyst Context Menu Removal

I recently replaced my ATI Radeon with an nVidia. Although having uninstalled everything that related to my old ATI card, I still have the option "ATI CATALYST (R) Control Center" from the context menu - ie when I right click the mouse free space on the desktop. Nothing too serious, but it is irritating, and I want to remove this option has no rational. With advance thanks.

Re: Ati Catalyst Context Menu Removal

You simply need to remove the registry keys which are associated with that particular Context menu So i think you must remove the registry key which is mentioned below:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ Background \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers \ ACE

That's all! Hopefully the context menu associated with the Ati Catalyst disappeared.

Recently i have been using the Ati Catalyst application and hence I'm looking for a way of finding the link to open the Catalyst Control Center, which is present in the desktop context menu and all those who are not when you click on a folder or file. I found some tricks and apps, but all are for opening files or folders, and I'm not interested.

You have probably noticed in, progressively as the number of applications installed on your computer increases, the submenu "New" context menu - the one that appears when you right click the mouse on office or in a window of Windows Explorer - continues to fill. So at some point, it is full of links and shortcuts in many cases unnecessary, thereby losing its initial value. To return to a correct number of applications, You can do this simply by deleting the registry keys associated with the menu option.

Launch first the registry editor of Windows via "Start" located on the lower left of the desk. Then click on "Run", type in the field that appears in "regedit" and click the OK button at last.
    1. After this try to locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    2. The search for ACE key and locate it.
    3. Simply delete the key as soon as you find it the problem would be resolved now.

In the registry, you do a search. In the window you entered some words that are registered for the option you want to remove the context menu. And then You come (whenever you relaunch research) on the next occurrence of what is found, which corresponds to a menu option that you want to delete.

I think that there must be an option in the ati control center In settings Ati Control Center should be a program for editing or removing the Ati catalyst from the context menu use that option and get the Context Menu Removed from the same. Hopefully this should fix your problem if this does not then remove the application.