Thread: What is VDroop

What is VDroop

Hello, people read in many places and looked for info about it but did not find a precise explanation about What does it mean exactly that term. I ask as it relates to voltages I have my doubts about what, especially the micro, which in the BIOS is to 1.37 and CPU-Z shows 1.352. The differences range from 0.2 to 0.3V. Someone could explain why the Windows software unless you take. Or at least what is real, the BIOS or pulling several software. Thanks.

Re: What is VDroop

But your question is specific quack? there is a "Vdrop" and "Vdroop" which means Vdrop: Difference between the set points of configured bios to that shown in windows.
    • Vdroop: vcore difference between IDLE and FULL.
    • Vcore: CPU Voltage is normal to have variation.

There are some Motherboards with specific settings which helps to increase the vcore when the CPU is at FULL, High End typical plate or good options in the BIOS (Load Line Calibration - ASUS). The overclock is not as complicated, but it varies from platform to platform, but if you know the base should not be a problem.
    PS: On the contrary, we must rely on the BIOS (hardware) and not in the software.

My question was exactly "What is it?" And your explanation clarifies me. Now, I understand that the vDrop, ideally, there should be? In other words, "Ideally," The other day I read someone say to another user "have a vDrop disgusting." That means, according to me, "Set up your plate with some vCore, but in reality they are super different, both in load and idle." "Am I right? Now, I thought, this product itself, which had to pay more attention to software (CoreTemp, CPU-Z, etc.) Shows that what the BIOS, because in the guide, the OCERA can tell by the CPU -Z vCore shown that is not the same as that of the setting in the BIOS, and therefore had to readjust. thank you very much.

The Vdrop is present in most (if not all) of the MOBOs, the ideal would NOT exist and have to be very little eg Bios 1325 - Windows 1321, but like I said is that correct MOBOs vdroop, ideal for a stable OC. The MOBOs have a horrible vdrop which causes instability in the OC at a time when 100% load on the CPU, eg Win BIOS IDLE 1.3210 1.3250 1.2800 FULL and the latest CPU-Z is the software choice for the OC but it happens sometimes that does not show the correct vcore.