Thread: 0x76401bbb error message shows up when i try to load internet explorer 8 or mozilla firefox. URGENT!

0x76401bbb error message shows up when i try to load internet explorer 8 or mozilla firefox. URGENT!

An error message comes when I try loading IE8, stating that:

The instruction at "0x76401bbb" referenced memory at "0x76401bbb". The memory could not be written. Click ok to terminate program.

How do i deal with this problem? I tried running sfc /scannow using the product recovery cd as I am unable to find the normal xp installation cd. I cn't seem to connect to the internet and MS word/excel don't load up either. PC says something about 'memory not found'. PLease help
    i have windows xp
    thanks

Re: 0x76401bbb error message shows up when i try to load internet explorer 8 or mozilla firefox. URGENT!

Try to check your ram stick. Open up your system and replace the ram slots. It is a memory error which happens sometime when your system fails to read some codes. Fixing the ram back can fix up lots of memory error. Run the chkdsk command line as administrator and then do a defrag the hard drive. Then check your hard drive for bad sectors.

sorry but i dont really know much about computers :[ (i really wish i did ) could you please tell me how to do this pleaassseeee :]

this message comes on my laptop by the way

Re: 0x76401bbb error message shows up when i try to load internet explorer 8 or mozilla firefox. URGENT!

You need to go in Internet Explorer 8 settings (before the error persist) and try to do the below:

1. Click on the TOOLS menuitem (if you don't see it, just tap the ALT key once)
    2. Click on Internet Options
    3. Click on the ADAVANCED tab (furtherest right tab)
    4. Scroll all the way to the bottom
    5. Look up several lines until you find one "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks" - UNCHECK the box.