Thread: MS OCS Online outbound port requirements

MS OCS Online outbound port requirements

I am having an issue with the Microsoft Office Communicator Server which is not responding with the LAN. When i am trying to call with the OCS to friend of mine it work when use the 3G card but the problem comes when i am trying to make the same with the LAN connection then it is not responding to call. If any one having the solution then please let me know the same. Thank you.

Re: MS OCS Online outbound port requirements

It seems to be the issue with the Firewall which might be causing the connection through the LAN. In that case i will advise you to check the firewall setting and allow the OCS connection from same. If possible then disable the Firewall and then check whether the device is working or not with the issue of yours.

As per my knowledge the IM always uses the Secure tunnel with the server which allows the Client Server Connection. In the OCS uses the feature of the client which result to the client to client IP-transversal issue. so if you are getting the same. This client server feature is not yet implemented in the BPOS and that is why you are getting the issue with the same.

If you are having any issue with the Microsoft Office Communicator Server then i will first advise you to go with the re-installation of the same that will help you with the problem you are getting. Just uninstall the complete package first and after that reinstall the application once again and see whether it is working or not

If nothing is working for you and you are still having the problem with the same then i will advise you to contact the Microsoft regarding the issue which you are getting. I think as they are the developer then they might be aware of the issue that you are going through. So contact them and see whether it is working for you or not.