Thread: My default search engine has been set to something other than Google. How do I switch it back?

My default search engine has been set to something other than Google. How do I switch it back?

Last night when i started browsing i was surprised to see that the browser is opening an unknown page which asks me to purchase a new security application. Finally i clicked the Home icon on my browser and this again redirected to the same page. i would like to know why my homepage is changed and also tell me how do i switch to google again.

Re: My default search engine has been set to something other than Google. How do I switch it back?

To change the home page, nothing very complicated if not choose it. To illustrate this approach, we propose - objectively
    1. To implement this change, go to the Menu and select Options .
    2. The Options window appears:
    3. In this case, only the section called Starting interest.
    4. It is quite clear that at the start of Firefox displays the page. Below, an editable field titled Home is the address of the website you want. We find the address http://www.google.co.in/firefox?clie...la:en:official our defined default browser. Change this to the search engine you wish.

Re: My default search engine has been set to something other than Google. How do I switch it back?

Most of the time whenever you install a software application on your system a complementary toolbar is also installed with the application if you are not careful enough you install these toolbars on your browser unknowingly also These applications do set your home page to a third party web page and hence i think you should try to find out the toolbar in the add/remove program utility and then simply change the homepage.

Follow the steps enlisted below:
    1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and then browse to the website which you want to set your homepage.
    2. Then simply go to tools menu and select options.
    3. After this has been done select the general tab.
    4. Now click the use current page button to set the web page as your homepage.