Thread: Firefox is unable to open gmail or facebook cannot even reach the login page

Firefox is unable to open gmail or facebook cannot even reach the login page

I searched the internet a solution to my problem, in vain, I seem to be the only one on the canvas to suffer this intolerable problem since yesterday. In fact since yesterday, my Firefox crashes when I go to Gmail. I noticed that it crashes when it wants to load the chat window on the left. If I go to HTML version have over the problem. On Facebook the problem is similar: I can talk to friends on the chat, but when they meet me Firefox crashes. I wonder if this is not the action of a virus, what do you think?

Re: Firefox is unable to open gmail or facebook cannot even reach the login page

As far as i know i would suggest you to install the latest version of the Firefox browser which will surely help you to get this problem resolved. You are facing this problem because some of the Mozilla Firefox files seems to have got corrupted and hence i would advise you to get this problem resolved. Can you also tell me which Firefox version are you using. So that i can help you further.

Re: Firefox is unable to open gmail or facebook cannot even reach the login page

Try resetting your browser using the below mentioned steps.
    1. Close all windows of your Firefox browser.
    2. Simultaneously press the keys windows + R on your keyboard:
    3. The "Run" window appears. In the "Open:" enter "firefox.exe-safe-mode" and click "OK".
    4. The window "Firefox Safe Mode" appears. Check the "Reset preferences to default than Firefox.
    5. Check if any, the boxes or other items you want to reset.
    6. Click "Make changes and restart".
    7. Firefox now opens with the preferences default browser.

Well I have the same problem. Since last few days. Firefox crashes when I click on some emails, but not all. i just cannot open the browser. I uninstalled all the extensions, but it continues to crash. I tried it on two different macs plant (on Leopard). On a PC it does not crash. And finally when I try to open these mails with safari it works normally.

Sounds like you should download the extension Toolbar Buttons. To do this, right-click the installation link that you find on the author page and select Save target As.. from the context menu. The installation should be done manually. This extension allows you to add a large number of buttons on your toolbar. Including the Gmail button and a facebook button use these buttons to login to the following web sites.

Go into Firefox and browse to the Tools -> options -> Privacy -> uncheck "clear the history to close Firefox". Gmail notify uses cookies, if you let firefox serve cookies automatically notify Gmail no longer works. Check the below options and go to Tools -> Options -> Privacy-> accept cookies if third option is ticked I can not guarantee anything but I've translated the article about that problem in the FAQ Gmail Notifier.