Thread: Bing maps not working in firefox

Bing maps not working in firefox

I don't know whats wrong with my Firefox browser. Two days ago i upgraded my Firefox to 3.5.6 and since than Bing map is just bot working on my browser. Whenever i open any Bing Map, what am able to see is just a error message stating ""Initializing Bing Maps", in addition sometimes it shows up an image of map. Thats it. Could you guys please help me out to fix this issue? I really need the Bing Map.

Re: Bing maps not working in firefox

Make sure you have JavaScript enabled in your Firefox profile. To check this click Tools in the browser’s Menu bar, than click on Options. Now on the Content Tab ensure that the box for Enable Javascript is marked. In addition verify the options beneath that by entering the Advanced settings.

If still you facing the problem than just Upgrade your Firefox to 3.5.7 or rollback to the previous one. I Am using this latest version and able to access Bing map without any problem.

Well, follow these few simple steps to fix this error and issue:

Open blank page on your Firefox browser. Type 'about:config' in the address bar. Now search for the 'dom.disable_image_src_set' . You can simply get it by typing 'image' in the search field that is also know as Filter field. Once you get the above key ('dom.disable_image_src_set'), make sure that it is set to FALSE. If it is set to TRUE you can change it to false by double clicking the same. Once it is done search for 'network.image.imageBehavior' or 'permissions.default.image’ and set it to the default settings. You can do this by setting this key as 0.

Now clear the cache and restart the browser. Hope Bing Maps will work now.

It's likely that you can face difficulty with few Firefox add-ons that is hampering your Firefox's usual behavior. I’ll suggest you to disable all add-ons and see if Bing Map works on your browser. Because that Bing 3D necessitate an install, I think that the install is placing files in Firefox's components folder. This is not permissible in your browser version that is 3. 6, therefore it would be capable of Microsoft to alter how their Bing 3D program incorporates into Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbach View Post
    It's likely that you can face difficulty with few Firefox add-ons that is hampering your Firefox's usual behavior. I’ll suggest you to disable all add-ons and see if Bing Map works on your browser.
    Whenever you face any difficulty with Firefox, no matter what it is, you be supposed to ensure it's not due to by one or multiple of your installed add-ons, a theme or a plugin. To do the same without difficulty and cleanly, disable all add-ons and open your Firefox in safe mode. If the crisis fades away, you will get to identify that it was from an add-on. So, when you need to come back to normal mode, do the same. Disable the add-ons and allow them at a time awaiting you discover the cause of the problem.