Thread: chrome can't connect [Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error]

chrome can't connect [Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error]

I have recently bought a new Sony Vaio SZ 460 laptop and i have installed Windows Vista operating system on this laptop. I am getting an error when i try to surf through Google Chrome. An error which i am getting here is as follows.
    [Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error]
    What is meant by this error, is there anybody who have solved this error?

Re: chrome can't connect [Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error]

I think you should check that an internet connection is properly provided to your system or not as due to some problem in an internet connection also show such problems. If you are not getting proper speed of internet then you should at least try rebooting your connection, still there are problems for getting proper connection then you should contact with your ISP.

Re: chrome can't connect [Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): Unknown error]

I think there wont be anything problematic with the browser and even this error is out of my mind but i have provided the simple solution to you which might solve your problem. First uninstall the Google Chrome from your system and then reinstall it on your laptop. Now check that the same error appears or not.

I had the same problem on my Vista system and i have found the solution which worked for me but cannot guarantee that it is gonna work for your google chrome as well. click on the "wrench" / option / advanced / change the proxy settings / connection / network settings / proxy: uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and click OK.

If your computer recently have got affected by the viruses then it might happen that those viruses have changed the proxy settings on your settings. Go to an Options and go to the Proxy Settings then LAN settings. Make sure that the you have the following.
    • Automatically detect settings is CHECKED
    • Use a Proxy server for your LAN is UNCHECKED

Quote Originally Posted by techguru01 View Post
    I had the same problem on my Vista system and i have found the solution which worked for me but cannot guarantee that it is gonna work for your google chrome as well. click on the "wrench" / option / advanced / change the proxy settings / connection / network settings / proxy: uncheck "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and click OK.
    I joined this forum just to commend and thank you for this fix. I've been dumbfounded as to why my IE and chrome stopped working.

Thank you for posting.

I'm having the same problem with chrome browser, but Opera,Firefox and IE all work, so it's not a connection problem. Also pdf files usually get aw snap when the chrome browser did work. Restarting the computer did not help.

Quote Originally Posted by eyedeal1 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with chrome browser, but Opera,Firefox and IE all work, so it's not a connection problem.
    Just simply switch to Firefox browser, why to still use Chrome if all other browsers are fine. I tried many times using Chrome but due to its bad performance, i switched back to Firefox and Opera and made it my default browser.

I prefer Chrome because it is faster and uses less resourses when it does work. Opera is my second choice. If Firefox wasn't such a memory hog, I would use it.

Actually i remember using firefox initially but then it became the memory hogging monster which caused me to eventually ditch it for chrome. However i hope that chrome doesn't suffer from the same fate

Quote Originally Posted by kiliman View Post
    Actually i remember using firefox initially but then it became the memory hogging monster which caused me to eventually ditch it for chrome. However i hope that chrome doesn't suffer from the same fate
    Which version of firefox browser are you using? I think you will find that Firefox, plain wrap, doesn't leak - in general, it is the add-ons. I had time today to diddle with mine as my CPU usage was unacceptable, but didn't want to go back to Safari as I love all my favorite helper add-ons in FF that make my browsing my enjoyable.

HELLo every one.........this is the problem with your registry.....i was suffering from it from 1 year and my gmail and google + currently did not open......so today my friend gave quick heal antivirus 2011 with quick heal pc tuner.When i started the pc tuner i clicked on auto cleanup which automatically cleaned up registry,traces,disk and many unwanted internet files automatically....and guess what,now i m able open gmail and google+.thanks to pc tuner.