Thread: Adding AOL to Outlook 2007

Adding AOL to Outlook 2007

I need some help to configure my email account on outlook. I am using Office 2007 and my default mail client is Outlook 2007. I have a AOL email account. I am not aware about any settings and there was some information which I had found on AOL help. But that does not helped me much. Does there is any easy and fast way of configuring the same on my system.

Re: Adding AOL to Outlook 2007

Run Outlook 2007 and then click on Tools > Email account. In that you can see a add new account tab. Click on the same and then click on Next. Now here you will need to first provide your username and password with email service you are using. Then you will need to add the pop3 and smpt server settings. You will need to find the same from the aol site. For imap use imap.aol.com and for pop3 use pop.aol.com.

On the latest versions of Outlook, Microsoft has introduced an option which is enabled by default that prevents you from opening attachments deemed unreliable, so you do not take the risk of being infected by a virus. Try this one and it is quiet easy to configure also. The AOL settings are provided in the setting under help column of AOL. There is outlook connector for the same.

The SMTP server requires authentication, you must configure according to a point in the process of setting. If you use an authenticated SMTP server, you must connect using a username and password in order to sends. The username and password match your nickname and your AOL password. Try to arrange for the settings first and then configure the same in the system.

Outlook is primarily a professional software designed for enterprise use (hence the price elsewhere). It helps to organize the company's communications, including calendars, task management and address book s synchronized. For AOL you will need to not down the imap and outgoing server. Once they are properly configured then you will get mails on your system

Aol messaging protocol uses imap. When you delete messages with Outlook, they appear striped whic his a mark for deletion. To remove them you will need to purge the mails. Click on the folder imap in which there are messages to delete. Go in the menu in Edition and then and scroll down to empty. Then a combo windows opens which shows the different possibility of serving.

For your non-AOL addresses I have one opinion for the SMTP server setup. For that either you can configured the same with Windows XP and the Windows SMTP service, or you collect on the net program adequately. There are some email clients available. There you will need to configure each email address the output port smtp, smtp server to use smtp.xxxx.xxx based provider of the mail service.