Thread: Shockwave Flash plugin crash on chrome

Shockwave Flash plugin crash on chrome

I am using Google Chrome as my default browser on my windows vista computer system. When i play Farmville in Facebook using this browser then screen gets hanged and i need to press Ctrl/Alt/Del and browser closes. This browser has a Shockwave Flash Plugin which helps me to view Farmville in full screen. Does this plug in crashes the google chrome?

Re: Shockwave Flash plugin crash on chrome

I think the problem would be with the browser itself so i suggest you to try playing the farmville by using some other browser which might not be having any such problem. You can use Mozilla Firefox or an Internet Explorer which both are extremely good browser. I have used IE8 many time for playing the farmville.

I am eager to say that an Adobe Flash is now incorporated into Google Chrome’s Stable channel. This mixing will eradicate the requirement to install and update Flash Player separately. This removes the security risk and problems associated with an outdated versions. I suggest you to use the same on your google chrome.

This issue has been seen with an older version of the Google Chrome so i think you should download the latest version of the google chrome which wont be having any such problems. You can do the same from the browser itself as you need to go to the Tools -> About Google Chrome and then check the version of your chrome. Then upgrade it.

This kind of problem can also cause due to the lack of video drivers on your windows vista computer system. I suggest you to get all the latest drivers from an official websites so that you do not face any problems while watching the videos from an internet.

I guess the problem could be with an error in the way Bluetooth handles streaming video. I think you need to rename the bluetooth files in the System32 folder. Go to the My Computer and then open the drive on which you have installed your windows os. Suppose it is C:, then go to the Windows folder and then system 32. Find the file called "BtwVdpCapFilter.dll" and rename it anything else, for example "BtwVdpCapFilter1.dll."

ohmy Re: Shockwave Flash plugin crash on chrome

What next if there is no BtwVdpCapFilter.dll file??

The BtwVdpCapFilter.dll file which you are talking of is a bluetooth profile that essentially allows people to share their webcam across bluetooth. this file is integrated into most of the latest browsers that have been developed and come out in the market.If there is something wrong with the file than you are unable to see the videos, play games or anything that requires the use of this file, so one thing is sure that you will not be able to run any graphics without this file.

smile Re: Shockwave Flash plugin crash on chrome

Thanks REDBULL;

I don't seem to have the afore mentioned file, at least I cannot find it in the directions from Tecno01. Should I install same?? Thanks