Thread: Firefox 3.6.8 and memory issues

Firefox 3.6.8 and memory issues

I understand nothing, I just updated my Mozilla Firefox to the latest available version that is firefox 3.6.8 . It is launched in an old desktop computer which is formatted with a task bar button disabled it has been two weeks that I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 and I got a long warning message pops up to tell me that my computer's virtual memory is insufficient. Please help me.

Re: Firefox 3.6.8 and memory issues

I must specify that the time spent on the Internet makes this message appear. If It remain only two hours then the problem does not arise. It's as if my internet was pumping more and more memory as and as I use it and actually, when my PC is working fine at first, Browser began rowing after a while It seems obvious that this is a malware which starts with the Internet.

Firefox is known for its extreme delicacy and many memory leaks. Fortunately, there is a trick that allows you to recover wasted memory. It is to free the memory of Firefox when it is reduced in the Windows taskbar. To apply this trick, start firefox, and type as the URL about: config then press Enter
    1. Right click in the configuration area, then click New => Boolean.
    2. Then enter config.trim_on_minimize as the name for the boolean value.

Then choose the true value, click OK and restart firefox. Whenever you feel too large a memory footprint of your browser, reduce it in the taskbar to make it reappear later, its memory will be considerably reduced.

Firefox 3.6.7 has fixed a vulnerability for remote code execution in the plugin parameter EnsureCachedAttrParamArrays and exhibited a user browsing a malicious web page. The flaw existed in the method of treatment for browser features son of a specific tag. Firefox uses a 32-bit index to enumerate them, but stores in a 16-bit signed integer and uses it to allocate space in a cache. When filling the cache, a buffer overflow could then lead to code execution in the context of the application.

In releasing its update maintenance 3.6.8 early last week , Mozilla has fixed a large number of security vulnerabilities discovered in Firefox. But this corrective action has also introduced a regression because of stability problems with certain web pages that require plugins. That's why version 3.6.8 surprise came early users weekend. I think that the firefox 3.6.8 has a bug which will be fixed in the firefox 4 which will be releasing soon.

In releasing its update maintenance 3.6.8 early last week , Mozilla has fixed a large number of security vulnerabilities discovered in Firefox. But this corrective action has also introduced a regression because of stability problems with certain web pages that require plugins. That's why version 3.6.8 surprise came early users weekend. I think that the firefox 3.6.8 has a bug which will be fixed in the firefox 4 which will be releasing soon.