Thread: Problem with Internet Explorer unable to display webpage

Problem with Internet Explorer unable to display webpage

Since I did an update to Internet Explorer, to open most of the pages you visit frequently I get the following message:

Internet Explorer can not open the site (And the URL of the page)
    Operation canceled
    Accept

As much as I try I get stuck and I have to go back. I changed security but still the same. Please kindly help me solve the problem, Thanks.

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer unable to display webpage

I think it may be due to some activex component installed on internet explorer or some replacement of any system file, example of this is when you surf the Internet and the authorization request (if you have service pack 2 but it installed without more) to install or run something that could be malicious, may also be due to aggregates of messenger or new programs are installed. In conclusion, this happens when the tcp protocol stack is full and there is not enough space.

Possible solution to this problem is look at the running processes with Task Manager, look at their numbers and try to remove all unnecessary component system startup. You do that by running msconfig. After that would be necessary to restart windows and see what happens. Poor can also disable any service that is not microsoft (right click on My Computer and click manage) All this and stop processes that can saturate the system component which manages the buffer of the protocol stack.

If you can not open the internet explorer maybe the cause is a virus or maybe some unwanted application as Spyware. Use the Ad-ware 6.0 or Spybot removes all unwanted applications. If you can use both for what one does not eliminate, eliminates the other. Spend an updated Antivirus program you have the Blaster virus or Star page, all these things will reduce the performance of Internet Explorer. If no improvement reinstall the most updated internet explorer. It is advisable to do it in Safe Mode in Windows98 or in safe mode for windows XP.

You need to know what kind of connection you have. Know that is the problem and there are different solutions depending on the type of connection "and for the time being i will suggest you a reinstall of the internet explorer browser. Also if possible try to check with the network service provider whether your connection is proper or not.

internet explorer cannot display the webpage..... has anyone edit the HKey register to fix this problem...

one time I found a posting that sent me to regedit.exe and had me remove a file to fix this problem..... I can not find the site now. Can anyone help