Thread: Zoom Search Engine not indexing post attachments in vBulletin

Zoom Search Engine not indexing post attachments in vBulletin

I am having an issue with the Zoom Search Engine which is not working with the vBulletin 4.0. I am trying to add the attachment in the vBulletin but the Zoom runs under the no meta tag while indexing the attachment with the vBulletin. The attachment are in the PDF format and giving the error while doing the same i.e. "attachment.php?attachmentid=4&d=1275696187 meta robots "noindex" tag found". So if any one is aware of the same please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Zoom Search Engine not indexing post attachments in vBulletin

It can be possible that the Meta Tag which is causing the issue might be got generated because of the attachment.php script while responding to the vBulletin config setting. Are you using any wget on the site URL which you are trying to index with the Zoom? This can be also the reason behind the issue which you are getting.

First of thanks for the quick response which is not expected.To make sure about issue i have attachment.php script and found that there no "nofollow" code existing. Also the wget got expired on the URL and displaying the error "'d' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". I hope this will help you to find the solution for me.

The error which you are getting i.e. "'d' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." means that the Wget is not used properly and that is why it is throwing the error with the same. So implement the wget properly and retry to work with the attachment in the vBulletin.

I think there might be something blocking the attachment to scan while indexing which is resulting as error with the same. Have you set the Zoom indexing setting to work with the attachment. First check for same and see whether it is working for you or not. Also let me know if it is working for you or not.

If nothing is working for you then i will advise you to contact the developer of the Zoom Search Engine and ask about the problem that you are facing. As they are the developer and having knowledge regarding the same. So if you can then contact them and see whether it is working for you or not. I hope this will work with you.

I will advise you to try to index the site of yours again so that this time it gets site index properly. Also to know about the indexing of the site you have to check for the proper method on the Wrensoft which will help you and guide you regarding the same. So go through the link and work with the issue.