Thread: Internet Explorer 8 doesn't open after startup

Internet Explorer 8 doesn't open after startup

Hello, I had IE7 on Windows XP, and a couple of weeks ago it hasn't open after startup. I clicked on the icon, and nothing happens. It was suggested to me that IE7 might have errors and I should install IE8 instead. I did that, but again nothing happens when I click on the IE icon. I have run spyware scans, looked closely at Hijack This! files and eliminated potential bad files, and it still doesn't open. I performed an IE reset, and still no success. The wireless connection is working, so I do have connectivity. I cannot get into Safe Mode, and after running a MalwareBytes scan, the application closes out before I can see my list of 15 infections. I tried to run system restore, but it won't run. I frequently try to restart, but sometimes I only get my wallpaper with no icons at all on the page. What do you suggest I do to get IE8 to open and solve the problem of my applications not running? Thank you for your help!

Re: Internet Explorer 8 doesn't open after startup

Is it not able to connect to internet or it just won't open ? Are you getting any error message ? Please specify if yes ? In fact, I don’t have any hint making IE8 perform properly. For me, its always a pain to use Internet Explorer. hence i prefer Firefox and Opera. Anyways, till than you can just go through the following post for some help:
    Internet Explorer won't open
    Internet Explorer won't load
    Internet Explorer problem after upgrade to Explorer version 8

Re: Internet Explorer 8 doesn't open after startup

The issue could well being related to the application that it needs to be functioned well. You need to look out that the application which will help you out to get the the issue to be sorted well. So in order to process and function you needs to look for the desired thing to be implemented. It will then needed to be processed. So do check out.