Thread: Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Reply feature

Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Reply feature

I am using this Windows Live Account from last many time and i have never faced any strange problem for using this account or its features. Suddenly i have noticed that the Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Reply feature is not there where it used to be. I have tried to find it out but was unable to do it. Can anybody tell me that where can i find these feature?

Re: Windows Live Hotmail Vacation Reply feature

I would like to tell you that this feature has been disabled from the Windows live account so you wont be finding this feature anywhere in your account. I do not know the perfect reason due to which this feature has been shut off. For more information about the same, You can contact the Hotmail.

Effective April 8th, 2010 the Windows Live Hotmail vacation reply function was shut off due to use of the feature as a mechanism to distribute spam. Hotmail says that this feature has been tuned off to stop the spamming. Now you must be knowing that how people used to spam by using this feature. We just have to wait for some time use this feature again.

Here is the post written by the Windows Live team for shutting off this feature.
    In our fight against spam, we sometimes have to make hard choices, and we had to make one this week. We discovered that spammers were using Hotmail’s automatic vacation reply feature to send spam from their Hotmail accounts.

We decided to temporarily shut off the feature in order to shut down the spam. Of course, we know some of you like and use automatic vacation replies to let people know when you can’t respond to e-mail for a while, and we’ll turn this feature back on as soon as we’ve worked out the best way to prevent it from being misused by spammers.

I apologize to all of you who use this feature for any inconvenience we’ve caused.

Yes, This feature has been removed temporarily as to make secure from the spamming. I think they will be coming back with the similar kind of feature very soon but there wont be any chances of spamming by using it. But still even if Hotmail would be coming with the most secured feature, There will be hacker for sure who can break that secured feature.