Thread: How can I report email addresses hijacked for marketing purposes?

How can I report email addresses hijacked for marketing purposes?

I have noticed that some mails has been sent from my ID to some of my contacts which was contacting the links to the pharmaceuticals. I am 100% sure that these mails have not sent by me. The contact list was broken into several segments and different links included in each email. So i would be happy if i can find out that from where they have collected an information about my contact list and how they can send mails from my ID?

Re: How can I report email addresses hijacked for marketing purposes?

This kind of problem happens when you have entered any data about your email id on some websites which might be offering you something. And when do not accept that offer then it asks you for suggesting the same to your friends which does not need your accounts password as you click on yes when it is asked then it sends mails to your friend list.

There could be the virus on your system which might be causing this kind of problems when you are using your account. Actually i have seen this kind of behavior once upon a time when i visited a malicious website. I have tried removing it but it has already sent some mails to may contact list which cannot be solved. So i think you just need to take care while providing an information about your account on an internet.

It might also happen that your account has been hacked by somebody due to which you are not knowing all the activities happening in through your account. For staying away from it, I think you should keep on changing your accounts password so that it would be hard for anybody to access your personal account.

Once you have provided your official email ID on any marketing websites or company then there are much lesser chances to get rid of marketing mails. Actually its marketing skills to get the targeting peoples from anywhere, So once any marketer have got your mail ID then you wont be getting any mails for marketing their product only when you are lucky.