Thread: error sending emails: an operation on the server timed out. the server may be down...

error sending emails: an operation on the server timed out. the server may be down...

Its been 4 weeks that i am using this which i have settled live.ca account on entourage. There was no issue until yesterday for sending and receiving emails. But from last two days it has started giving me an error as "an operation on the server timed out. the server maybe down overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic." error code # 3259. I so not know what kind of issue is this, Please help me to resolve this problem.

Re: error sending emails: an operation on the server timed out. the server may be down...

I suggest you to enable and then disable your internet connection a it seems to be the problem from an ISP end because it might happen that an internet connection provided to you would be having some kind of restrictions due to which in a particular area, More and more people are trying access the same connection and hence you are getting the server maybe down overloaded, or there may be too much net traffic. So your Internet Service Provider must be able to give a consistent internet connection.

Re: error sending emails: an operation on the server timed out. the server may be down...

You must be knowing that when you get an internet connection then there would be a main server which in fact would be controlling your internet connection. Now this error usually comes when your server is not able to send you enough number of packets due to which it is not able to handle the number of Client IPs who all are asking the connection. It might happen that your ISP is blocking TCP traffic on port 25 (the SMTP port).

I have a solution to clear this problem as you just have to change the port number from which your are connecting your computer system with the server. Actually your ISP would be blocking a traffic on soem port so once you an alternate port number in the account's advanced sending options. Your problem gets solved. Edit an account then you have to "Click here for advanced sending options". Look for an "Override default SMTP port" where you have to enter "587" which is the SMTP submit port.

This error usually comes when you try to access the server which is not currently allowing access to all its client. I think there is only one way to get rid of this problem and it is to wait for server to get working properly until that you wont be able to do anything. It is like you are trying to access the thing which is not there on the World Wide Web.