Thread: Error the remote device or resource won't accept the connection on Vista to Windows 7

Error the remote device or resource won't accept the connection on Vista to Windows 7

I have a desktop system which was previously running on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. Then due to some slow issue I had upgraded to Windows 7. After that I had install all the drivers and software which I used normally. But when I connect my system to internet it gives out error message saying the remote device or resource won't accept the connection.

Re: Error the remote device or resource won't accept the connection on Vista to Windows 7

If you are using Internet Explorer 8 then click on Tools and then go to Internet option. Then go to Advance and click on reset. Then close the browser and start the same again. In Windows 7, you can designate a network as your residential Group (HomeGroup), allowing you to easily share files securely between computers on that specific network. The Group also provides residential share printers connected via USB with other PCs running Windows 7.

Re: Error the remote device or resource won't accept the connection on Vista to Windows 7

Try a different web browser for your system and just ensure that the system has properly connected to the modem. Try to update the drivers for the same. To better understand the concept of libraries in Windows 7, it is necessary to revert to Windows XP and Vista. In Windows 7 the internet configuration is quiet easy as it automatically detects the same.

It is possible that your network drivers are not compatible with Windows 7. Due to which you are getting the issue. Try to update Windows and run a driver update for the same. In Windows 7, libraries compensate this problem by allowing the user to add any file or folder regardless of its actual location in the file system. This feature is very well integrated with Windows Explorer.

Try to reset your modem. Type 192.168.1.1 on your web browser. This is the default address of your modem and you can use the same on your system. The new tool for User Account Control in Windows 7 is more intelligent and has several levels of security to be defined. By default, it now warns you when a program performs only change the system, rather than when a user makes a change. Check whether the UAC is not blocking your net settings.

Basically after installation you will need to configure each and all the settings. Check that your firewall is not blocking the same. If yes then you will need to check the same by disabling it. Upon installation of Windows 7, or the first launch of the software Internet Explorer 8 , a special window appears. Try out a different web browser and check your router settings first.

This looks like issue related to modem connection. Check that the cable connected to your system is fine. Or if you are using a wifi internet access then just ensure that your system ha proper security settings for this. I have the same concern on several PCs where I installed Windows 7, Windows sometimes makes it difficult to obtain IP settings automatically via DHCP.