Thread: IPv6 Connectivity says No Internet access - Windows 7

IPv6 Connectivity says No Internet access - Windows 7

After upgrading to Windows 7 I lost my internet connection. I had added Windows 7 on my laptop which is connected to the lan network. All worked fine except the internet support. I had tried to configure the same and found that it is running on IPv6 protocol. I am not sure about this stuff. What is it and does the same has replaced TCP/IP. What are the ways by which I can trouble shoot my internet.

Re: IPv6 Connectivity says No Internet access - Windows 7

Usually first remove all the addons from the Internet Explorer browser if you are using the same as your default browser. I don't think the issue lies with the protocol. Check your internet status and if you find any issue with the line then contact the service provider. If you have a older router then there can be compatibility issue with the router and Windows 7, you must also check that.

An IPv6 address is much longer than IPv4 address. This is one reason to use the new protocol. The number of addresses is virtually infinite. Each machine (node in IPv6 terminology) connected to the network can use one or several IPv6 global addresses. No more complications NAT and port forwarding. Again all the machines can communicate directly. An IPv6 address is represented by 128 bits (32 in IPv4) that is written in 8 suites of four hexadecimal characters (0-9, af) separated by a colon.

The best thing about IPv6 is that it provides greater security. Authentication and confidentiality are the major security functions of IPv6. Although the Type field of the datagram service IPv4 is only very rarely used, the expected growth of multimedia traffic in the future require to be interested. This feature speeds up the processing time of packets. It gives a better net support.

There are lots of main improvements in IPv6 one of them is the header of datagrams. The header of the IPv6 datagram base has only 7 fields (cons 14 for IPv4 ). This change allows the routers to process packets faster and improves their overall speed. Other improvement is that it offers more flexible options. This change is essential with the new header, because the fields of the old version have now become optional.

The main innovation is the use of IPv6 address longest that IPv4 . They are 16 bytes long and can solve the problem that began IPv6 agenda: buy a set of Internet addresses virtually unlimited. It is necessary to be more explicit about the notation of addresses, but be aware that there are a large number of addresses 16 bytes. Specifically, it has 2 ^ 128 is approximately 3 x 10 ^ 38. If the entire world (land and water combined) was covered with computers, IPv6 could allow 7 x 10 ^ 23 IP addresses per square meter.

The main objectives of this new protocol is support for billions of computers, freeing themselves from the inefficiency of the current IP address space. It also helps to reduce the size of routing tables. IPv6 lets you to simplify the protocol, to allow routers to route packets faster. It also provide better security for authentication and confidentiality that the current IP protocol gives.