Thread: Live Mesh Error: 00000040, 5 FIXED!

Live Mesh Error: 00000040, 5 FIXED!

Optimistically at this point none of you are observing the 00000040, 5 error return at present. Turns out there was this server not talking to that server for the reason that the additional server was observing somebody else, it's the entire a extremely sordid tale. Additional than subsequent to fixing some communication issues the tribulations seems to be fixed for everybody at present. If you are tranquil observing the error give pleasure to let us be familiar with soon as possible moreover here, or via attach bug or by sending email to by means of the subject line: Error 00000040, 5. So most of them be able to flag it immediately.

Re: Live Mesh Error: 00000040, 5 FIXED!

I have by means of seen this previous to on several of my 3 apparatus working with Mesh. In the past hour, I have seen this on together my Vista and XP apparatus at home. I was capable to attach initially to every of them. The XP one determine to kick me out by means of this error subsequent to a small number of minutes, additional than then determine to let me back in. Additional than, the Vista apparatus kicked me out once, and it's been 10 minutes and tranquil not letting me back in. In the notified, it says it's "Online" additional than does not have comprise a Connect to Device link. (And has the diminutive yellow sign by means of the exclamation point). Looks similar to this was first discussed a at the same time as back and perhaps even fixed, so not certain if there's anything else I be able to do to assist additional than report that I am seeing it if there is, let me be familiar with.

I presuppose that the home apparatus are not located where you are presently concerning from. If you are at those apparatus physically, you might desire to try exiting Live Mesh and restarting to observe if that resolves the tribulations. Or, reboot the systems to observe if it resolves it. If neither action resolves it, surrender your logs per the "how to file a bug" declaration post at the top of this forum. I have comprise and immediately started to receive the 00000040, 5 error today (did not have that tribulations yesterday). The merely changes I made to one of the apparatus was to added a media center extender updated to the WinXP MC 2005 apparatus from Windows Update. I am not certain if that would effect it.

They have comprise in addition contacted me via email. I am going to send them the remote system log files in a moment once I get to that location, and I have sent them a screenshot. I am in addition getting that error communication the entire in excess of again, so no luck on a everlasting fix quite yet Stephen, were you not an MVP for an additional product a short time back. I do not recall what although. I was a Microsoft Publisher MVP for 8 years, and I imagine I recall you being by means of a dissimilar product. My focus has been on OneCare for reasonably some time, additional than I am tranquil attractive visible in the newsgroups for MSN and Windows Live stuff. I am learning Live Mesh along by means of everybody else, additional than was invited to help moderate here based on my rep.

There have encompass been several reports of tribulations in recent weeks, especially by means of remote desktop connectivity, that occur intermittently for a number of people. The errors are due to work being completed on the back end servers. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh to get things running the entire in excess of again. Received and bring up to date via email that RDP connectivity for together apparatus was running as of 4/23/10 by an additional Person. The tribulations are assumed to have been a server revolutionize on the back end that was resolved later on 5/05.

I have had no tribulations, of several kinds, by means of Live Mesh in view of the fact that I started using it quite some time ago. The entire of a sudden, I am able to no longer attach to my home system and this has been occurring for the past three days. As far as I be able to tell, the settings on my home system and work have not changed. I have comprise and rebooted my home system and tried to ensure that the whole thing was running appropriately on it - nothing seems to be unusual as the whole things else is running extremely well.

This error characteristically happens if there is a server tribulations going on. Regrettably, the Live Mesh team has been to a certain extent silent of late and my contact has been unapproachable, so I cannot tell you if this is indeed the case. I determine to poke on Monday if there are supplementary reports of the tribulations posted. Are you capable to utilize the service. I immediately at present tested a association from my Windows 7 mechanism to an XP apparatus in my Mesh that is at home (in excess of the Internet) and did not encounter an error.