Thread: Email advice, Thunderbird vs Apple Mail

Email advice, Thunderbird vs Apple Mail

I encompass a lot of POP3 email on my Win XP PC, in Thunderbird. I am thinking regarding using Apple Mail when I get my iMac. Would the simplest method to be to shift my Thunderbird folders across from the system into Mac Thunderbird, create certain that the entire runs, and then do an import into Mail. (I am presumptuous that it would encompass this function Does it.) And, if I do not similar to it, be able to I then simply do the reverse procedure, a speedy google demonstrate it might be multifarious. Which leads me to my next Q, do folks in universal imagine that Mail is superior to Thunderbird, or be supposed to I presently stick with Thunderbird anyway. What would the most important advantages of using Mail be.

Re: Email advice, Thunderbird vs Apple Mail

The Mail imports the majority additional common email arrangement. Thunderbird has the email functions from Mozilla. Mail is able to import Mozilla messages. Mail's trainable scrap mail filter unaccompanied gives it a leg up on the majority additional email clients. It is in addition a darned pleasant program to setup and utilize. I encompass Thunderbird installed on my system. On the other hand, I observe nothing in Thunderbird that puts it on top of Mail. Mail is my most important email client.

I choose for Mail in excess of Thunderbird (Mac) several days. I used Thunderbird expansively for Windows and Linux, and it's an extremely superior program. The Mac version or description is (to be blunt) utter crap. It is slow and buggy. Mail, on the additional hand, is fast, companionable with Spotlight (Thunderbird is not), and presently nicer to utilize overall. I utilize Mail, it's worth it. You be supposed to not have several import tribulations as long as you look up instructions and follow them. I have moved back and forth more than a few times in excess of the precedent 4 years and have not lost any mail.

Previous in windows I was using thunderbird, but when I determine MAIL (Apple) I by no means install an additional mail app. It's simple amazing and integrates with additional apps in system. The Correo is a cocoa based Thunderbird, but it's previous (late 2007) and has not been updated recently; plus v3 of Thunderbird be supposed to be cocoa. Do Thunderbird messages come into view in Spotlight. It is the most important reason I utilize Mail.

I utilize a couple IMAP accounts transversely multiple platforms. For me, I might not utilize the Mail submission for the reason that of a couple reasons. Does not hold up or maintain multiple identities per email account. I encompass more than a few aliases I utilize for dissimilar mailing lists, etc, and I encompass to utilize that identity to send email to that list, or it is not allowed. Even Thunderbird is much supplementary of a pain than 15 year old "pine" software from a UNIX shell. It's much easier to shift connecting platforms, Linux, BSD, Windows and Mac when they are the entire using Thunderbird, as an alternative of Thunderbird, Kmail, Mail, etc. The SSL certificates. My mail servers' certificates are the entire signed by CAs that is not installed by defaulting. This leads to Mail prompting me endlessly to recognize the documentation. It's not actually annoying, but a nuisance. Honestly, although, I am almost certainly additional demanding on an email program than 99% of the folks that utilize email. The Mail submission is almost certainly superior for most people that merely encompass one account hosted by someone else, similar to yahoo, etc.

Are you using the similar program. I have had zero tribulations with Thunderbird for Mac, and love the information in sequence that I be able to share mailboxes across platforms. The plugins are fantastic. I do not utilize the filtering, in view of the fact that that's done server-side. Having said that, I am going to give Mail.app and Postbox a try to observe what I am missing. But I have been actually happy with Thunderbird - it's an extremely capable, stable client with tons of alternative. The dissimilarity we are talking regarding are primarily of person predilection rather than true functionality, IMHO. I have no suggestion what you are talking regarding. On my setup, I utilize Mail to right of entry four email accounts, including AOL and Gmail. In addition setup is a fifth inactive account. Selecting the account that I desire to utilize is a simple as clicking a popup menu.

Tranquil utilize Thunderbird, but, they messed it up with the innovative release. It is slow and buggy - but, I tranquil similar to it superior than Mail. Turn off the spotlight indexing and it determine to speed up. I have a preference Thunderbird on the desktop, but encompass found that Apple Mail does the most excellent job of importing email accounts from additional platforms. The most excellent program Apple bundle with OS X. I have a preference Thunderbird, but it does not run in Filemaker scripts to send email - which merely runs with 'Mail' even if I identify Thunderbird as the defaulting.