Thread: MP3 and Windows Live Movie Maker

MP3 and Windows Live Movie Maker

Why is windows live Movie Maker not working correctly i meant to say that the windows live movie maker is not able to play the MP3 files. The film is running, but without sound? Did I miss something i think that i am missing something it would be better if someone helps me to get this problem resolved. I can play these files in the windows media player without any problems.

Re: MP3 and Windows Live Movie Maker

Convert the MP3 file to WAV file (16-bit, 48 kHz, stereo). Many video editing programs like windows Movie maker do not like MP3, but this format will be officially supported. So you can try to make use of a video converter application which can help you to get the MP3 files converted to some other format but it is recommended to convert it to WAV Format. Since this format is supported by windows movie maker.

Try the following steps :
    1. Double click the audio and you will get the music tools and options tab.
    2. Then click the music volume speaker button and finally check whether the sound is at the max level or not.
    3. After this has been done right click the speaker icon within the task bar. open the volume mixer.
    4. Ensure that windows live Movie maker volumes are adjusted correctly in that view.

I try to open a project from windows movie maker to another computer (using vista) with mine (xp). It specifies that the file was created by a window movie maker version unsupported. How do I open it .... Exist an update special? find a codec Or is it because it is a project. I have tried a number of tricks but most of them are not working at all. please help me.

You used the Windows Movie Maker to transfer to PC a film with a camcorder. But the movie has been saved in Windows Media Video (WMV) and to go further with your video editing programs, you need an AVI file. So it is better to use some sort of converter then i would suggest you to go to the Windows live Movie Maker.

The conversion of WMV files into AVI files, regardless of the compression codec used, may be done by software Stoik Free Video Converter. Download StoikVideoConverter10.zip Video Man in the section 3.0. On the desktop, create a folder Stoik Video Converter and unzip the contents of StoikVideo-10.zip Converter inside this folder.