Thread: skype on AndRoid(MyTouch G3 from T-Mobile USA)

skype on AndRoid(MyTouch G3 from T-Mobile USA)

I have finished the downloading of skype lite, installed and logged in. When I try to go for making a call to either a skype contact or local USA phone no, skype lite calls +612800xxxxx and states that "your international call can't be completed"
    I am getting what's wrong going on with it . I can go for easy login and make local USA calls from my system but carrying with the same account, skype lite is not functioning at all. please help....

Re: skype on AndRoid(MyTouch G3 from T-Mobile USA)

You are missing something during entering the number. Can you be sure taht you have issues the US number in proper way and sign in also in order to this ? This should be start from +1 then after your-number would be postfixed . The number , it is trying to dial doesn't have the leading +1 and in fact seems more like the UK number than the US one.

Thanks for the reply but still have some issues after going through your suggestion !! The situation is that still my skype going to attempt for dialing a call prefixed with +1-813-527-2000 and comes back occurring as "call cant' be completed". The same error message is getting generated again and again ..

First of all, can it be used on 3G ? or should this be feasible with only when you are having the connection with the WiFi?

Skype LT on my MyTouch and it loads my contacts and all components but when I am going to dial a number it states that "Not available in your area". I am running with the installation of Skype out unlimited for 40 countries and I am signed up/logged in proper way and successfully .. I also contacted to the MyTouch Support Geeks and they states that T-Mobile is not blocking as far as they are unknown at that moments(yesterday) . Android support at T-Mobile 877 816-8601..

This is the facts, clear and easy statement : While the first generation of the Android dependent software and firmwares doesn't have any compatibility with the full-featured VoIP applications due to technology restrictions , we have worked via those restrictions in subsequent versions of Android and developers are currently able to build and upload VoIP services.

Hi guys !!! Is there an update on the same ?Does skype lite feasible as the same and it should ? One more thing , can mytouch executes the application in the background, so that I could get the skype calls at the time doing different things?