Thread: PC Skype to Mac iChat

PC Skype to Mac iChat

I recently configured up my Logitech 9000 on my computer system and also downloaded and installed Skype. My mother has a Mac and iChat installed on her system . Do you have any idea through which we can go for a video chat ? How do I configure up the connection between both of the messengers , and vice versa? Thanks, I don't have any idea about the procedure to do this. I hope that somebody can help me to solve this out ..

Thanks ..

Re: PC Skype to Mac iChat

I don't think, the connection between both of the messengers can be achieved because it is entirely different thing. In case, if you really wanted to connect with your mom then just tell your mom to install skype or another option is that you cn install iChat to connect with your mom. Problem would be resolved ..

Hi Guys,I am little bit confusion here and not getting which one would be better. Actually, I am about to return to the Mac after a long time of working with other operating system . I have installed Skype on Windows XP and am curious as to whether iChat actually would be feasible to perform when using video. Any suggestion ?

Dr. V Guest

Now that Skype 2.0 is out for Mac and PC, I would only suggest you that the video quality is quite fine . One of these years, I must go for the iChat with my one brother who has a latest Mac and fine bandwidth to found if the iChat quality is fine , but the quality with my computer-owning brother and 3.5-year-old i Mac-owning parents is comparable (Skype vs iChat).

Hi Doumbia,

You are thinking right but there is one other alternative for you to communicate with your mother. You have installed skype on your machine then if possible then format it now and go for some compatible AIM that can be helpful for you to dealing with such type of situation . you could forget about Skype and go form the AIM on your windows system . It will facilitates you to for the connectivity with iChat and might even work better than Skype does.