Thread: Skype Emoticons and Snow Leopard

Skype Emoticons and Snow Leopard

I am using skype and have some animated but the problem is that my animated emotions are not functioning at all ...Do you have any suggestion regarding the procedure to make it active again and possibly if any help to resolve this problem ? I see the icon in gray on my skype box but after clicking into them, it doesn't do anything after making a lot of clicks to try to use them. Preference settings are set accordingly .

Re: Skype Emoticons and Snow Leopard

Hi guys ! I am running with the same issue . Actually, I am unable to get any animated emoticons working on the messenger ; Mac rev 2.7.0.330. I ahve searched a lot about this issue and any solutions but unfortunately I didn't got anything that can be applied here to fix this issue .. I think that both (1) the pop-up menu and (2) in the IM section before he sends the same to me. What have I cleverly made this disabled ..

Control-click on the Skype icon and select Show Package Contents from the pop-up menu.Just move for other alternative Contents => Resources => Emoticons. Control-click on Animated Emoticons. SkypeEmoticonset and select Show Package Contents after that. From the new one window which opens, down at the bottom and you will get the Emoticons.plist. Just browse this with the text editor (back this up in initial stage ), and just be sure that Skype is not running.

Now scroll down to the end of the document and find the first emoticon with the line <key>Hidden</key> (starting after the emoticon "star"). Simply delete the lines...
    <key>Hidden</key>
    <true/>

That is the fine and appreciated suggestion but one thing I wanted to share and add within this article that is based on the written code within the above ..Within every hidden emoticon, you have to save the file, and you are finished to do it . The hidden emoticons will now displayed up as a regular choice from the Skype section. The Emoticons may vary based on your version of the program.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

This one is pretty one and very useful for this situation , I have tried to go weithin the same manner and didn't interacted with any issues .I am just thinking if I can tag my own animations ... I have tried but type of not functioning at all .. once all saved and restarted, I don't get to find the pop up window with the icons.. I feel , I am going wrong some where any suggestion ?

DooM! Guest

There is a normal question and I wanted to ask you something... can we go for the appropriate use of the secret codes to reveal the emoticons? I searched about the code and finally my friend suggested me a list of codes for the hidden emoticons on somewhat named as sherv site and it states to just type them within the chatting section . Are you getting any variations between the ways that you are using ?