Thread: Internet explorer 8 Does not show most visited sites on new tab

Internet explorer 8 Does not show most visited sites on new tab

I have recently purchased a new dell inspiron laptop which is installed with windows 7. It has the internet explorer 8 installed on it. i am familiar to using the internet explorer 7 which show the most visited websites on the new tab why the internet explorer 8 is not showing the most visited websites on opening a new tab

Re: Internet explorer 8 Does not show most visited sites on new tab

This option seems to be disabled accidentally so i would suggest you to enable this feature once again on your Internet explorer 8 browser. Try the ctrl + Q after opening the multiple tabs this should enable the option for the most visited website on your browser this worked in internet explorer 7. Hope this will fix the issue.

It appears as you have deleted the history or the internet explorer browser settings have been changed. After the deletion is completed the internet explorer browser will collect the data once again and once the data is collected it will show the most visited sites whenever you open a new tab.

Try the following steps so that this feature starts wirking again on your browser.
    • Open internet explorer browser by double clicking the internet explorer icon on your desktop..
    • Go to tools and click the settings within the browsing history inside the general Tab.
    • Now select the option "Automatically" and click OK.
    • The feature will be enabled as soon as you restart your browser.

Try to use a different browser like the Mozilla Firefox there are a number of bugs associated with the Internet explorer which are yet to be resolved i think that's why it will be better to use the Firefox instead of the internet explorer it also has a number of add-ons which provides a good flexibility and will definitely enhance your browsing experience.

Use may try this steps.
    Tools >> Internet Options >> General Tab >> Change how WebPages are displayed in Tabs >> Settings >> When a New tab is opened, open >> From the drop down select "the New tab page".

Kuan-yin

Your browsing History will continue to show up under the address bar as a part of the IE8's AutoComplete feature. If your cannot see that than you may need to enable that feature. Follow these instructions. Internet Explorer will automatically fill in the URLs you frequently type into The Address Bar.

1.Open Internet Explorer .

2.Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3.Click the Content tab.

4.Under AutoComplete, and then click Settings.

5.Select or clear the Address bar, Forms, User names and passwords on forms, and Ask me before saving passwords check boxes.

6.Click OK , and then click OK again.

This should display your browsing history in the address bar as an AutoComplete Drop down.

Best

Rick
    IE Outreach Team