Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Cannot open an anonymous level security token

Internet Explorer 8 Cannot open an anonymous level security token

When I try a "window.open" in my scripts, I get, IE 8 (8.0.7600.16385) under seven, the error 1347 Can not open a security token for a limited level. After much research both from the error message that the reference code (ref code: 1347), I can not understand the origin of this problem. FYI, I have disabled the pop-up and played with different levels of security, but without success. Anyone have an idea in relation to the origin of this error. Thank you

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Cannot open an anonymous level security token

The problem is somewhat related to DCOM security settings, you must change the following configuration of DCOM authentication

• authentication level default: connection
    • Level Impersonation default: identify

And for this you need to be familiar with the console service management components

Thanks for the reply Head-Hunter i think you are right so can you tell me how can i use the console service management components and since i am not very much sure about this problem can anyone tell me how do i manage this console service management components. Step by step procedure will be appreciated.

To do this you must go to the console service management components (run "dcomcnfg"). In Component Services, Computers, right click on "My Computer", then Properties. Finally in the "Default Properties" to modify the authentication methods as follows
    • authentication level default: connection
    • Level Impersonation default: identify

You can type "dcomcnfg" at the run prompt but without the double quotes, expand "Component Services" and right-click on the "My Computer" to get to properties. From There choose the "Default Properties" tab and change the default authentication level to "Connect" and the Impersonation level to "Identify". Hope that this will resolve the issue.

I will suggest you to uninstall the internet explorer browser and then reinstall it once again since the browser is not much flexible and also it does not provides any sort of flexibilities. Hope that this will definitely help you to resolve the issue. It is recommended to install the earlier version of the internet explorer browser i would prefer 7.

I think you need to verify the following
    • Verify that the Web application is configured correctly in IIS (Internet Information Services).
    • Verify that the URL of the Web application has a correct name in the snap Active Directory Federation Services.
    • Verify that Microsoft ASP.NET is installed on the server's Web application in the Federation Service.