Thread: How do I stop search bar in Internet Explorer 8 from displaying webpage history

How do I stop search bar in Internet Explorer 8 from displaying webpage history

After upgrading to the Internet explorer 8 the search box is displaying the suggested as well as the history of the searches. But anyways i wanted to stop displaying both these searches. I tried a number of stuffs but am not able to do it currently so please tell me How do I stop the search bar in Internet Explorer 8 from displaying web page history.

Re: How do I stop search bar in Internet Explorer 8 from displaying webpage history

Try to follow the steps which are mentioned below :
    1. Open the internet explorer browser.
    2. Click on the Internet options -> Content
    3. Finally select Autocomplete then settings and uncheck browsing History.
    4. Simply uncheck Browsing History under the address bar.

Re: How do I stop search bar in Internet Explorer 8 from displaying webpage history

I think you will have to click the down arrow key besides search box then finally select manage search providers options. Now click on google or any search provider or whichever may be your default search provider. Here disable the search suggestions by checking the preventing program if prompted to do so this should work in your case.

I am having a critical issue with Internet Explorer, you could easily view the browser history to find a site close without having selected the address. but since I have internet explorer 7, I can not find it. Under tools, there are many "delete browsing history", but nowhere do I find the history view ... sniff. Could someone help me? thank you!

System Restore is useless. Just click on the star under the back button, and then click on history. However, I recommend using Firefox or Opera, because these browsers are faster and safer than IE (Internet Explorer). Moreover there are multiple addons which are very useful which can help you to manage these things quiet effectively.

I had the same problem but i fixed this Internet explorer problem by performing the folllowing steps.
    • Open Internet Explorer - > tools - > Internet options -> contents
    • Now select data -> AutoComplete -> Activate the checkbox 'forms' -> Click Ok.

This will help you to get rid of this problem.

In Internet Explorer, it is possible to eliminate history by selecting the keyword without click or press enter and then pressing the Delete key.
    • Otherwise, to delete all data recorded,
    • simply go to Tools
    • Internet Options
    • Content tab
    • AutoComplete
    • uncheck the "Forms" then ok and restart Windows