Thread: Pidgin messenger with Facebook and Skype Integration

Pidgin messenger with Facebook and Skype Integration

Pidgin Messenger with Skype integration :
    Even before some characterst I have the post on Miranda Messenger pointed to a Skype plug-in. Unfortunately, the configuration is Miranda Messenger in the default in my opinion barely usable and only by using many plugins really easy-to-nutzen. Pidgin is another free messenger for which it also has a Skype plugin. Advantage of Pidgin istthat he was "out of the box"everything needed to bring comfort. Compared with Miranda it saves a lot of time otherwise the Search & testing of plugins on it to got.

Pidgin supports a true Multi Messenger of course, many IM protocols, such as ICQ, MSN, Google talk / Jabber (XMPP). This one has it all contacts in a single window (details already in my Miranda Artikel). Since Skype as proprietary software can not be integrated without further, we need to maintain a running Skype. The Pidgin plugin but ensures that we, all Skype functions directly on the Pidgin chat window and reached almost Skype running in the background only. For the user does it not matter more with ICQ, MSN or Skype chatting is whether it is all one Chat fensthe.

Pidgin can be found on the website download and then install. To Skype int-concept you have to the Windows Installer downloaded overladen and execute it. Then you can add Skype user in his pidgin. Furthermore, it must be released only access to Skype and then confirm the Skype in Hint want to run fathom.

Alternatively, give it as Pidgin Portable App. Pidgin portable can be seen on Portable Apps downloaded. The download is unzipped by clicking automatically without any further installation can be started in place of the desired and Pidgin. , Needt be the only Skype plugin. Just the libskype.dll downloaded and in the folder Pidgin Portable \ App \ Pidgin \ plugins basket.

Re: Pidgin messenger with Facebook and Skype Integration

Pidgin Messenger with FaceBook integration:
    Facebook will be in my "non-geek environment" is becoming more popular (compared to Twitter). Since (as already mentioned in my last post) Status-SMS Twitter & Jaiku are gone by, it is natural to use Facebook and integrate more and more increasing. Fortunately Kinder apps also have the annoying invitations any "declined" to install. First, I have the Facebook Chat plugin by now in my Pidgin Instant-Messenger fetched. This is my facebook status is no longer the visit of the linked page, but to my status in the Instant Messenger. Even the status message from Pidgin is sent to Facebook. Apparently, the Facebook chat is not strong but still uses Sun Many probably remember that no one tries to chat with them and are logged only briefly.

The extension for Pidgin can be found at Google code. If, like me, portable version of Pidgin on Windows uses, you should place the installer (. exe) direct the plugin to download and to the icons.

Installation is simple:

Simply. Dll file in the directory PidginPortable \ App \ Pidgin \ plugins directory and save the icons in PidginPortable \ App \ Pidgin \ pixmaps \ pidgin \ protocols unpack. Pidgin and restart it via accounts / accounts, manage the Facebook Chat to add.