Thread: ActiveX Control for Flash Player 10.1 could not be registered

ActiveX Control for Flash Player 10.1 could not be registered

I was watching some YouTube videos the other day, as normal, when I got a weird message saying that I must upgrade to the new Flash Player 10.1. According to that message, I did click the upgrade button and the very next moment, I got an error message saying that ActiveX Control for Flash Player 10.1 could not be registered. I am not able to understand why this is happening. Because of this, I do not have the older version of the Flash Player and nor the newer one. Please help me to get the Flash Player back, otherwise I wont be able to play the YouTube videos in my system.

Re: ActiveX Control for Flash Player 10.1 could not be registered

In such a situation, I recommend you to uninstall the Flash Player, whichever is available in your system. All the traces should also be removed. For this purpose, you have to get a tool called Speedup my PC. You will get an option to uninstall all the applications and programs in this tool. After removing the player, reboot the system and then, reinstall the player. Now, there must be no problems with the upgradation.

It is recommended that the upgradation of any application, software or even the operating system must be avoided. The reason is that the flaws in the older version are passed on into the newer one upgraded to. So, uninstall the player as mentioned in the above post and after that, download this new copy of the player. So, a clean install will not give you a message as ActiveX Control for Flash Player 10.1 could not be registered.

You may be knowing that there are 32bit and 64bit operating systems. In the same manner, there are 32bit and 64bit applications too. So, there are 2 versions of this player too. So, whatever be the "bit operating system" that you are using, you may not have installed the player recommended for the same. For instance, you may have installed a 32bit player for a 64bit operating system. Make sure that this problem is not being caused.