Thread: Upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 lost .pdf reader

Upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 lost .pdf reader

I had trouble opening pdf files in internet explorer. The operating system is windows Vista and I have installed the most current version of Adobe Reader but when I try these files in Internet Explorer I get the following error: "The version of adobe acrobat / reader that is running is not used for viewing pdf files in a Web browser. You need version 8 or 9 acrobat / reader. Go out and try again" support you can give me.

Re: Upgraded to Internet Explorer 8 lost .pdf reader

This is one of the most common problem faced by the users of internet explorer 8. Since most of the times when you install the pdf reader for the first time it won't work with the browser. Myself i had to reinstall the pdf reader on the browser five times for making it work. This should work in your case too.

It appears as you have installed the Internet explorer 8 64 bit version this version of the browser does not supports a number of addons so it is advisible to go for the a different browser then simply i would recommend you to install the Firefox. Otherwise get internet explorer 8 installed but only the 32 bit version.

I would suggest you to go for the Mozilla firefox this browser is one of the best and very low problematic browser since this will help you to get rid of this problem. Even if you like to use the Google Chrome it is even advanced and has inbuilt addons which does not needs acrobat reader and all of the features are built within it.